Wednesday, April 9, 2008







The kids were up all night last night cause of the storm. Hailey woke up first around 2:30 and Max woke up around 3:00. They were both scared of the thunder so we let them come in bed with us. The storms lasted until a little after 5:oo and they both were awake the whole time. Max said "Daddy, it not punder in da house. It just punder outide." He liked seeing the lightning through the shades. Hailey waas really scared and had her head burried under the covers the whole time. Bruce ended up moving out to the couch after a while cause it was a little too crowded with two kids in bed with us. I got really hungry and had to get up and get something to eat. I was getting really hungry, so when I got up to go to the bathroom I also tried to sneak some food quick, hoping they wouldn't hear me. As I turned around while I was eating my poptart, Hailey and Max were both standing there in the kitchen wide eyed watching me. They said they were hungry and wanted something to eat too. I got them some cereal and we all sat at the table eating at 5:30 in the morning. After we finished eating, we all crawled back in bed. After laying there quiet and still for awhile, I thought they had fallen asleep, but then Hailey started complaining that Max was bugging her. I looked over and he had his hand on her head rubbing her forehead. Then he started talking again. It was 6:00 and since I hadn't heard any thunder in a while and figured the storms were over, I took him back to his own bed. It was a long night. This morning, we went to my mom's to do laundry again. Bruce had to borrow dad's truck so he dropped me and the kids off when he went to pick it up. Hailey was excited to get to go with Nana to pick up Kenzie from school. Nana stopped and got them slurpies on the way home. Kimmy came and left Jacob and Adam with us while they went to look at some minivans. Hailey wanted to hold Adam right away. She covered him with her pink blankie, and then Max came over and covered him with his blue blankie. Then Max layed with his face right up close to Adam's and started talking to him. I wish I would have had my camera with me cause it would have been a cute picture. It was so cute how they were both talking to him. And Adam seemed to be enjoying it too. He just layed right back in Haiey's arms and smiled at them. It's the longest I've seen him sit still since he's started crawling and walking. He is all over the place now. It only took a couple days and he just took off walking like a pro. He looks so little to be walking around. Hailey really liked walking in front of him holding her arms out for him to come to her. She had him walking back and forth from the kitchen to the utility room. Jacob and Max watched the Cars movie together. I loved listening to Jacob and Max both talking to each other about the movie. They had their own little conversation going. They both are growing up so fast. When Kimmy and Jared got back, they stayed and visited for awhile. My mom had to leave to go teach a class at church. Papa came home from work and played hide and seek with Max. He would laugh so hard when Papa jumped out from around the corner. Bruce came back to pick us up around 7:30. While I was getting things ready to leave, Bruce and my dad took the kids outside to play. They had fun playing on the swings and slide.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have squeezed in a nap at Mom's house. What a night for you all. Thats funny that the kids were there when you turned around as you ate. I can just picture it - and you all eating at 5:30am. Thanks for watching the boys for us. I sure do wish you had a camera to capture the moment with the kids and Adam. He must have really enjoyed it to sit still for any amount of time. Jacob talked alot about you and the baby before going to sleep tonight. He said if your baby cries he will go get him a drink (thats what he does if Adam cries).

Melissa said...

I did fall asleep for a little bit on the couch while mom and Hailey went to pick up Kenzie. That's cute how Jacob is so excited about the baby. When we were playing doctor, he was pretending to listen to the baby's heartbeat.

Anonymous said...

I was so happy we got home before you left last night, so we could see you and the sweeties. Fun time out for ice cream...glad you guys came. It was nice all getting together. Wish Kimmy and family could have been there to. Love ya