Sunday, April 6, 2008










Hailey did good in her class again today. At first she didn't want to go in by herself so Bruce stayed with her for a few minutes. But she got busy and was fine when he left. After church, Hailey played with her friend, Abigail, again. Max found a little friend too and started running around with him. Hailey saw a mom with a new baby and ran up to her and asked if she could see her baby. She loves to go up and see all the little babies at church. Usually she wants me to go with her but this time she just went up to her on her own. It was such a nice day out, we decided to have a little picnic and eat our lunch outside. We spread a blanket out on the porch cause the grass was still a little wet. The kids really liked eating outside though. After we ate our lunch, they played on the swings. Then Hailey wanted to ride her bike on the sidewalk with the neighbor girl. Max got his car and rode up and down the sidewalk too. Then we had them ride their bikes down to 7/11 and we all got slurpies. Hailey loved riding with her and Max's slurpies in her bike basket. It took us much longer to get back home cause the kids kept stopping to take drinks along the way. Then we went over to the neighbors cause the kids wanted to play with Nova. After they finished their slurpies, we went in so Bruce could get to bed and Max could take a nap. I layed on the couch and rested while Hailey played with her dollhouse. I love to just listen to her as she plays. When Max woke up from his nap, he and I colored a picture. He loved it when I took his hand and helped him write his name on the paper. He wanted to keep doing it again and again. He would say the letters with me as we wrote them. While we were coloring, Hailey joined us at the table and added a bunch more stickers to her hat. Some had fallen off yesterday while playing outside. I helped her glue them on so they would stay this time. Then we turned on some music and I took turns dancing with Max and Hailey. They were laughing so hard and didn't want me to stop. I danced with them until I was too tired to keep going and then decided to get out the playdough. We sat at the table and played with it until bedtime. While I was rocking Max and I asked him about his day, he said "I ride mine car, get a turpie in da day." He always says "in da day" instead of today. And I can always tell what his favorite part of the day was cause he always tells me about that first. He also told me about our picnic. He said "I eat outide. Da wnd blow da picket (picnic) away. Dat punny. I step on da bankie. Mommy and Haywee gotta chase it." The wind had blown our napkins and had Hailey and I chasing them around the yard. And when it blew the corner of the blanket up, Max said "Oh no!" and ran over and stepped on it. It's funny the things they remember, things I wouldn't even think of. I love to listen to the kids talk about their day at bedtime. It's all of our favorite part of the bedtime routine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really love that picture of Bruce climbing with the kids.