Monday, April 7, 2008
















Max loved talking to Hailey in these things.




Max and Hailey looking down at me from the top, which was about 16 feet high. Max had no fear looking over the edge. Hailey was a bit more cautious. It took some convincing to get her to even climb up that high.










Hailey and daddy found a dead turtle.



"We're going fishing."
"Look, I caught one!"






























It was a very warm day today, even warmer than yesterday. Most of the day we were in short sleeves but had to put our jackets on in the evening when it got a little bit cooler. I had a doctors appointment today. The baby is doing great, and was very active again while she was trying to find the heartbeat. She found it right away but kept losing it. He also gave the monitor a few hard kicks. The only concern is that I've been having alot of contractions already. She just told me to keep a close eye on them, making sure that I don't have more than five in an hour. They have been about 10 to 15 minutes apart, but I haven't really actually sat down and timed them for a whole hour which is what they want me to start doing. And if I do they said to head to the hospital right away so that they can try to stop me from going into preterm labor. I told her that they usually slow down a bit when I sit down and rest for awhile, so she said it's probably just that I'm overdoing it a little bit and need to take a few more breaks during the day. Max was taking a nap by the time I got back from my appointment, and Hailey and Daddy were playing with the dollhouse. We decided to go outside and enjoy the weather. Daddy pushed Hailey on the swing and then I helped Hailey practice riding her two wheel bike. She is used to riding her tricycle which can go backwards and forward, so when she rides her other bike, she ends up stopping all the time cause she keeps pushing the pedels back. After practicing for a while today, she rode it all the way across the porch without stopping which is much farther than she usually makes it. Usually she gets fustrated cause she stops so much, but I think she finally got the hang of it today. I put her bell on her bike which got her excited to practice riding it. When Max woke up from his nap, we got ready to go play at the park. First, we had to stop at Lowe's so Bruce could pick up a couple things. Then we headed over to the park that we usually go to. It was still closed for the season, but there were a few people that climbed the fence to get in. Bruce and I were going to just climb the fence too, but Hailey said "But it would be naughty to do that." There was a sign that said not to climb the fence. So we decided to obey the rules and drive over to the other park that is close to my parents' house instead. The kids were very excited to go play on the big slides. Max went down one of the curvey slides and ended up tumbling over and flipped right over landing on his head. He cried only for a second and was fine after daddy picked him up. I thought he would be fine going down by himself cause all the other slides there were bigger than that one and he did good on them. His foot just got caught going around the curve and that's what made him flip. He was a little afraid to go down the other slides after that. I had him go down with Hailey so he would see that it was ok. He laughed and wanted to go again. On his way back up, he passed by the slide that he fell on and pointed to it saying "Dat a naughty tide." Then when he got to the other one he said "Dat a nice tide." Max loved climbing up all the ladders and things. He made me nervous when he started climbing up pretty high. Bruce was standing next to him hanging on to him, but then he let him get up higher and could only reach his foot. I hung onto his foot and told him to stay while Bruce climbed up to get him. He helped him finish climbing to the top. It sure made me nervous watching him even though I know daddy wouldn't let him fall. Before we left, we walked over by the pond and let the kids run up and down the hills. They also loved finding sticks to play with in the water and pretend they were fishing. We all started getting hungry for dinner so we went to Bob Evens to eat. After that we went to a couple stores to do some grocery shopping. We didn't get home till about 8:15, so I got Max ready for bed right away.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont know how you could stand to watch Max climb that thing. It made me so nervous watching on here. I thought he could fall through and bump his chin or something. You guys are very brave.

Anonymous said...

I love these park pictures. Glad to see a picture of you too Mel, you look beautiful in that last picture. I'm glad we got to spend the day together.

Melissa said...

It was not easy watching my baby climb up that high, but I trust Bruce and know he wouldn't let him fall through. I thought Max did a really good job climbing it and he was so careful. But it still made my stomach turn as he climbed right over my head, higher than I could reach.

Melissa said...

Kimmy, I'm glad we got to spend the day together too. And it was nice getting to spend so much time with my nephews the last couple of days. The kids sure had fun playing together too.