Tuesday, April 15, 2008




















Well, it's been a few days now. Bruce and the kids have been sick the last few days. They all have colds and fevers. We haven't done much other than sitting on the couch watching alot of TV. I have been having alot more contractions so I haven't been able to do much either. Even just sitting at the computer or at the table to eat, I have way too many and have to go recline so they slow back down. I've been able to do alot of resting on the couch though since the kids are both sick and don't want to do anything either except lay around. Max has spent the last couple days cuddling with me alot. He even fell asleep while I was rocking him the other day. Today the kids are still coughing alot and have runny noses but are feeling much better. They both don't have fevers anymore and they are back to playing today. It was a nice day so we took them outside to play when Bruce got home from work. They had fun riding their cars up and down the sidewalk and in our neighbors driveway. Max made us nervous as he tried to ride his car down the neighbors porch steps. We got to him just on time. When I told him he couldn't do that, he asked "Why", which is his new favorite word. He asks it everytime we tell him he can't have something or do something. They had fun playing with Nova while we visited with Ken. Then we walked around the block following behind the kids as they rode their bikes. There was a narrow ramp that some kids had made on the sidewalk and Max just rode his car up and over it instead of going around it. He is such a little daredevil already. What am I going to do when he gets older? Bruce tells me some of the crazy things he did as a kid. I think boys just like to make their moms nervous. When we got back, the kids played on the swings and went down the slide a few times before we went in to eat dinner. We gave the kids baths after that and then got them ready for bed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures. I love the ones with Bruce and the kids. I agree with you that boys likes to make their moms nervous. Jared's got crazy stories too. Are you going to the garage sales this weekend? Someone's got a birthday coming up:)

Melissa said...

Yeah, we are planning on going to the garage sales this weekend. We should all go together. It was so much fun last year.

Anonymous said...

I definely want to the sales together. We'll have to go early (but we usually do anyway) - Shannie's shower is that day. I'm really glad your going. I thought you might not be able to walk that much with all the contractions you've been having.

Anonymous said...

What are you doing on your birthday?

Melissa said...

I just will have to sit down and take breaks if the contractions start getting to close together. We can always sit in the grass somewhere to rest. I have been doing better the last couple days. I am still having them but not near as many. Not sure exactly what I'm doing on my birthday yet. It's going to be a busy weekend with everything going on. Mom and I want to take Kenzie and Hailey to the Webkinz day party one of the days and then we have Shani's shower and the garage sales on Saturday. I'm sure we'll at least be having cake and icecream on my birthday though.