Monday, April 21, 2008

Max is very proud of his picture he made. Everytime he walks by the fridge, he shows us and says "Look it! Look it! I make dat!" Then he likes to point at all the stickers and tell us who they are.














Then he tucked it under his chin and said "Dat mine bib. Mommy, look! I make a bib por me."













Making a mess!















Cleaning up.

























Bruce was working in the utility room this morning and I was helping Max on the potty when the lights started flickering on and off and I heard sparks. Bruce said he saw a light show under the washing machine. I had a load running and it shorted out. He moved the washer out and found that when he moved it, the cord got caught under it and was rubbing on the motor. It was worn right through and was fried. Good thing it didn't cause a fire. He ran to Lowe's and picked up another cord and fixed it right away. Bruce got a package in the mail, and it wasn't long before Max had the box tipped over and all the packing peanuts were all over the kitchen floor. They had fun playing with them for a little bit. When it was time to pick up the mess, Hailey went and got a couple hats out of the toybox and used them to pick them up and dump them back into the box. They were having fun racing to see who could fill their hats up the fastest. After lunch, we all went outside to play. Before Bruce had to leave for work, we all walked down to 7/11 and got slurpies. The kids liked riding in the wagon and drinking their slurpies. Shortly after we got back, Bruce had to leave for work and I put Max down for his nap. I let Hailey stay up and play quietly with her dollhouse. She has been sleeping great the last three nights now. She is still coughing and her nose is still running, but other than that she's back to her normal self. Bruce is still coughing too. Max seems to be completely better now, and I never did come down with it. When Max woke up, we ate dinner and then went back outside to play. I sat in the chair and watched as the kids played and rode their bikes around. They were also having fun doing tricks on the small slide and jungle gym. Max was trying to copy everything Hailey was doing. If he couldn't do it he would get fustrated and say "I tant do dat. Help me." We stayed outside until it was time to take baths and get ready for bed. When I started getting Max ready for bed, Hailey looked out the window and said "But look Mommy, it's still day." When I was reading her book to her, it was saying that nobody is perfect and she said "But Daddy is. Cause he can do everything. But God's even greater than Daddy." She sure thinks the world of her daddy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how Max made a bib out of that. He looks so cute. Fun with all the peanuts. At first I was thinking what a mess to clean up, but then I read about the hats and racing. Great fun! I can't understand why Hailey thinks her daddy is perfect but not her mommy.
What has Bruce been teaching her? Ha Ha!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that he had dumped them all over the floor, but they ended up cleaning up the whole mess. Hailey had a good idea to use the hats and she did good getting Max to help her turning it into a race. She even got out the govac to pick up all the little tiny pieces. Melissa