Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It was Champ's birthday today so the kids wrapped his gift for him this morning when they woke up. I gave them a piece of wrapping paper and some pieces of tape and let them wrap it themselves. They were working so good together getting it all wrapped up. Hailey would fold the ends over and tell Max where to put the tape. Then they took it out and let Champ open it. He loves to open presents and the kids were so happy that Champ was so excited about his present. When he got it opened, Hailey and Max fed him some of the treats. I took the kids outside to play while daddy fixed the washing machine and cleaned it while he had it apart. It was running a little louder than normal so he called and figured out what the problem was. I had a doctors appointment so my mom watched the kids for a few hours this afternoon. They had fun playing outside and ate lunch outside too. Bruce had to get going to work so I dropped him off at home before going to my mom's to pick up the kids. I decided to bring Champ with me since it was his birthday and he loves riding in the car. Hailey was very excited to see that I had brought Champ. I called Vikki to see if she wanted to meet me at the dog park near my parents house. They have a fenced in area that you can let your dog run around loose. Vikki wasn't home so after visiting with my mom for a little while, I decided to go home and do it another day. As soon as we got home, Vikki called and asked if I still wanted to go to the dog park, so I made some sandwiches and snacks to take with us and got the kids back in the van. Champ had so much fun running around smelling everything. Vikki brought her dogs, Izzy and Monica, too. There was a bunch of other dogs there and they were all running around sniffing each other. Champ didn't mind any of the big dogs. One time he even walked right under one of the big dogs while he was peeing, so Champ got peed on a little bit. YUK! He will definately be getting a bath tonight. He sure had fun on his birthday though. You would never know he is now 15 years old. The kids loved it too. Max ran around picking up sticks. He also liked running through the tunnels and stuff that they have there for the dogs to run through and jump over. After a while, I took the kids over to the kids play area while Vikki stayed with the dogs. They had fun going down all the slides and playing in the sand. Then the kids started getting hungry so we headed back to the van to get the sandwiches and stuff I had packed. When we were done eating, we went back to the dog area. We stayed at the park for about three hours. It went by so fast cause we were having so much fun. I couldn't believe it when I looked at the time and saw it was already 7:30. Champ was getting pretty tired toward the end. He was even falling asleep in my arms when I picked him up to carry him. Max was very tired too. He hadn't had a nap all day so he was really looking tired. The kids were pretty dirty so I gave them quick showers before getting them ready for bed tonight. And Champ got his bath too after the kids were in bed.













































































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was such a fun day. Im glad you still wanted to go, even after you got all the way home. What a great time, cant wait to do it again soon. Love ya, O and Happy woofday champ! :o)