Thursday, May 1, 2008





















We sat on the couch and watched Curious George and Clifford this morning when we woke up. Then I did some cleaning around the house while Hailey and Max played in the bedrooms together for a couple hours. At first they started out in Max's room playing with cars, and then Hailey talked Max into coming into her bedroom to play dolls with her. I got alot done while they were playing. They stayed in their bedrooms playing together until lunchtime. At the garage sales last weekend, I found a pink polo shirt for Max. After washing it, I set it out on the couch to try it on Max. When Hailey saw it, she picked it up and held it up to her asking if it was for her. I told her it was for Max and she said "But it can't be for Max. That would look weird. Boys aren't supposed to wear pink." A little while later, I tried it on him and she said "He don't look weird. He looks really cute in that." While Max took his nap, Hailey and I went out and sat on the swing for a while. We ate icecream cones while we were outside and then Hailey rode her bike around until Max woke up. We ended up staying out for two and a half hours. I was planning on just sitting out on the swing for a little bit and then coming in to have Hailey rest too since she was up alot last night coughing again, but it was so nice out. She did get a little rest sitting on the swing with me. Max took a really long nap, about three hours. When Bruce got home, we all went outside to play and then Hailey asked if we could get the grill out and have hotdogs for dinner. It sounded good to us, so we went to the store and got some of the things we needed. At the store she said we should get some "Yumonade (lemonade)" too for our picnic. Hailey was so excited about getting to have a picnic and it being her idea. She kept saying, "Didn't I have such a good idea? We're having a party with just our family outside cause I told daddy that." When I asked Max to come sit and eat his food, he said "I just wanna ride mine car por one more ninnets(minute)". They really enjoyed sitting at their picnic table eating their hotdogs and drinking their lemonades. After they ate, they rode their bikes and cars around until it was time to get ready for bed.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Kimmy, you can kind of see the swing in the background of that last picture of Hailey.

Anonymous said...

Mel, thanks for point out the swing. Looks nice. I wish I could find a pink polo for my boys - thats a great find.