Thursday, May 15, 2008



























This morning, we all went outside and planted our flowers. The kids loved helping, and especially liked finding worms and playing with them. Hailey found a whole bunch and lined them all up showing us her "family" of worms. I helped the kids plant their flowers in the flower pot. They really enjoyed that. Hailey showed me where she wanted each one to go. Max really liked digging the holes for us. After we got that done, we went and helped daddy plant the flowers on the side of the house. They found lots more worms to play with too. They were even putting the worms on their bikes and giving them rides. Hailey would put them in her basket and Max would put them on the back of his tricycle. It was time for lunch by the time we got done. I went in and made sandwiches and dished up taco salad and brought it outside to eat. While the kids were eating at the picnic table, Gabby, the three year old neighbor girl, came to the fence and called Hailey and Max to come talk to her. They always talk through the fence to each other. Hailey ran over to say hi but Max stayed and kept eating. He really likes taco salad and wasn't going anywhere until it was gone. Gabby kept calling him and he said "I tan't. I gotta eat my talad." So she called him again and he said "No I till eatin." He sat there and finished all his food before getting up and going over to say hi to her. Gabby's mom told her she couldn't come over to play so they just talked through the fence to each other until we had to go in. I think they stood there at the fence for almost an hour talking. Gabby is a little climber and climbs the fence alot to sneak over to our house. She tried to show Hailey how to climb the fence and when Hailey saw her climb up, she said "Your mommy won't want you to climb the fence cause you could fall down and get hurt really bad." Then her mom saw her and made her get down before she got all the way over, which she has done many times before. When we went in, I put Max down for a nap. I told Hailey she could play quietly with her dollhouse for her rest time today. She played for a little bit while I read my magazine. Then she came over and climbed up on my lap to cuddle. We both ended up falling asleep on the couch like that. We slept for about a half an hour before Max woke up. Then, after eating dinner, we all went back outside to play. The kids rode their bikes around on the back patio and played in the sandbox. Max likes to pretend to make me coffee now. He fills a cup up with sand and then says "I makin coppee por you, Mommy." Then the neighbor started mowing his yard so Max got out his little mower and pretended to mow our yard. When we came in, I gave the kids baths and then got them ready for bed. The baby was kicking alot and Hailey saw my belly moving. Then she said "The baby's movin and groovin in there." It was so funny. Sometimes between Curious George and Clifford, they say it's "Movin and Groovin Time" so I think that's where she picked that up from. I got a good laugh though cause it was so funny how she said it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love what Hailey said about the baby movin and groovin.