Sunday, May 11, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

















Hailey was very excited to give me my Mother's Day gift this morning. She came running to my bedroom to wake me up and wanted to give it to me right away. They got me a messaging foot bath, which Hailey calls a "bubble bath for your feet" cause it bubbles. She asked me if she could use it with me as soon as I opened it. We had to get ready for church after I was done opening their cards and gift. After church, we went to Olive Garden for lunch, and then we went to my mom's house. After getting Max down for a nap, my mom, Kimmy, and I all went to my grandma's grave site. I miss my grandma so much. Today was especially hard for me. It's been almost a year now and Mother's Day last year was her last good day. At least we have some wonderful memories from that day. She was so happy to have all her family over. When we got back, Jacob climbed up on my lap to cuddle with me and started playing with my hair. As he was running his fingers through it, he said "I like your hair. It is soft." He always did like to play with my long hair. When I used to watch him, anytime I was holding or rocking him he would grab a handful of my hair to hold onto. Hailey told me she had a hang nail on her toe and asked me to get the clippers. When Jacob heard her, he went over and pulled it off for her. It was so funny. Adam said my name for the first time tonight. He kept pointing at me saying "Meme" over and over. It's so funny that both my kids call Kimmy "Meme" and both her kids call me "Meme". The kids all had tons of fun riding the cars around the basement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad we all went to the cemetery together. Jacob sure did cuddle with you for a long time. Funny that all four kids say "Meme" for our two different names.