Monday, May 19, 2008






We went to the store this morning for some groceries. On the way we stopped and got some donuts and a mocha. I put max down for a nap when we got home. Hailey wanted to play in the box from the store. She put a pillow and some blankets in it and looked pretty comfortable in there. She also brought a couple dolls and a bunch of stuff for her dolls in there with her. She stayed in there for about an hour and then begged to go play outside so daddy took her out. They took a bike ride around the block a couple times. I joined them outside after I rested on the couch for a little while. When Max woke up, we brought him outside to play too and we stayed out until dinner time. While we were getting dinner ready, Hailey was playing with her dollhouse and asked Max if he wanted to come play with her. He came over to play but brought his cars and put them in the dollhouse which she didn't like. When she told him he couldn't put his cars in the dollhouse he started crying, so I got the box and put it in his room for him to play in. I had to empty it before moving it and I was suprised at how much stuff Hailey had in there. I can't believe there was enough room for her. He was very happy sitting in the box with all his cars. He had them all lined up neatly in rows and he squeezed in the back corner to play with them. We had spagetti for dinner and then Bruce cut up a coconut for the kids to try. Hailey didn't like it, but Max loved it. He kept calling it a treat. Bruce made some smoothies with the coconut milk, some pinapple, and rasberries. I tried it and actually liked it. I don't like coconut at all so I didn't even want to try it at first but was glad I did. It was very good. We let the kids ride their bikes again for a little bit until it was time to get them ready for bed. While tucking Hailey in bed tonight, she showed me a bunch of ways to make five on her fingers. She has been doing this alot lately. She holds up three fingers on one hand and two on the other and says "This is five." And then she holds up four fingers on one hand and one on the other and says "This is five too." She'll do all different combinations using different numbers. The other day she showed me two fingers on each hand and said that it makes four. I said "Yes, two plus two equals four" and she said "And two plus three equals five." She also has been very interested in big numbers lately and always asks me how to make numbers like 53 or 92. And she loves to count to one hundred with me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are sure happy when they get to play in the boxes. I love those smiling faces. Love Mom

Anonymous said...

I think I'd prefer the smoothie without the coconut. But I might be suprised if I tried it I guess.

Melissa said...

I couldn't even taste the coconut. I was sure suprised. At first, I didn't want to taste it, but Bruce talked me into trying a little taste. I ended up drinking a whole glass of it.