Wednesday, February 6, 2008












We got alot of snow today. They says we might get 10 to 11 inches tonight. I went to let Champ out and the snow was over his head. He was just about burried sticking just his face out, so I quick pulled him back in. He was covered in snow. Actually he just looked like one big snowball. Hailey ran and got him a towel right away and wrapped him up. She held him on the couch for a while all wrapped up which made him happy. He was even falling asleep in her arms. Max had been doing really well on the potty the last couple weeks. Everytime we change his diaper, he asks to go on the potty and most of the time he goes. He has even pooped on the potty every day for the last three days. As soon as I get back from my trip to Colorado we will be taking him to the store to pick out his first pair of big boy underwear (I would call them big boy panies but Bruce says boys do not wear panies). I can't wait to let him pick out a pair and see what he thinks about it. He loves to do things just like his big sister so I'm sure he'll be very happy. The other day, I put a pullup on him and he said "just like Hayee, mommy". Bruce got home an hour and a half late today cause of the bad roads. He said they were terrible and it took an hour and fifteen minutes to drive home. If he says they're bad, that means they are very bad. He shoveled when he got home and Hailey went out with him. She thought it was so fun playing in the deep snow. Max was still sleeping, going on three hours, so I woke him up from his nap. He saw daddy outside and asked to go out too. I got him ready and sent him out, but he just threw fits the whole time he was outside. He saw Hailey with the shovel and threw a fit cause he wanted it. I set the timer for them to take turns which usually works but didn't today. Even when the timer went off and he got the shovel, he started crying again and we couldn't figure out why. So I brought him in and cuddled on the couch with him for a little bit. That seemed to help some, but he still cried over every little thing for a while. He was bettter once we ate dinner. For desert, I decided to make some chocolate muffins. Hailey and Max sat on the cupboard and helped me. Hailey took Max's hand and showed him how to stir it. They loved putting the paper baking cups in. Hailey liked picking which color went where. When we sat down to eat them, Max said "I eat a muttin, daddy." Bruce read Max his books and got him ready for bed while I got Hailey ready for bed. I love to hear Bruce and Max singing together. It sounds so cute. He gets Max to sing really loud and Max will sing the whole song "My Heart Says I Love You" with him. Bruce tells him to sing it loud so Mommy can hear and he does. I can't get him to sing the whole song for me when I have the camera out. He sings it so cute with daddy though. I just wish I could get it on video. It's the sweetest thing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute picture of Hailey on the snow hill. I see you have them working again. Looks like they are making yummy stuff. Love you all! Mom

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Max is getting big enough to be potty trained. Sounds like he'd doing really well. Can't wait to see what big boy panties (opps I mean underware) he picks out. I'd love to hear him singing that song with Bruce - try for that video.

The Daddy said...

Bruce is right boys dont wear panties! We had to train kimmy to say underwear when she first got Jacob his first pair of underwear.

Melissa said...

That's funny. I didn't know that. We never had any boys in our family.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO MELISSA, BRUCE, HAILEY AND MAX. MUCH LOVE TO ALL OF YOU. HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!