Sunday, February 17, 2008




I decided not to go to church this morning cause of all the ice. We had freezing rain last night and wnet I opened the back door, I noticed that our porch was covered in ice. Champ even had a hard time walking on it. He was slipping all over the place. Every moning for a while now, Max goes and dumps out his bag of wheel pals vehicles and finds the three tractors. He carries around these three little tractores all day long, even while he's playing with his other cars or tractors. He looked and couldn't find one of them this morning, so he said "Where tractor go? Where mine red one? I don't pind it." As we were looking all over for it he said "I don't tee it. Where id it?" Then he said "It in Hayees room. I go pind mine tractor. I be right back." Lately, he's been telling us that he'll be right back as he leaves the room. Hailey and I played "Hide the thimble" except instead of using a thimble, we hid a small stuffed animal. It was funny cause I could always tell where she hid it since she would pile a whole bunch of blankets and things on top of it. One time she hid it under a small blanket with a big blanket over that one and put her doll stoller on top of that and then another big blanket covering it all. It would always be under this really big pile, and I would have to dig it out. She would tell me she hid it in a really hard spot. Because of the big piles though I alwasys knew where it was right away, but I pretended not to find it right away and she was so proud of herself for hiding it in such a good spot. Max only took an hour nap and cried for awhile when he woke up. My mom and dad came over to visit this evening. Hailey and Max were super excited to see them. They both screamed when they heard them coming to the door. Hailey showed Nana and Papa her book she made and read it to them. Daddy called before the kids went to bed. They were really happy to talk to him. I gave them both baths before getting them ready for bed tonight. They played in the tub for a long time. Hailey took some dolls in with her and Max played with all his boats. When I told them it was time to get out, Max said "I don't wan to. I wanna play boats."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sure was icy - we stayed home all day. The kids look cute in their matching colors.