Monday, February 11, 2008

"I a big boy now!"







































The kids slept in till 9:00 this morning. The kids were in pretty good moods all day even though they were up alot last night. They were both happy to see me in the morning. Bruce spiked his and Max's hair and showed me cause that's how he did their hair while I was gone. We went to Meijers today, and Max got his first pair of big boy underwear. Max was excited when I showed him the different designs to choose from. He picked out the train ones. First I showed him some car ones and he got excited saying "I wan it a cars." But then I showed him some train ones and he got even more excited and grabbed them saying "I wan it a choo choo trains." There was only one other design to choose from and he had no interest in them after seeing the train ones. He held onto them through the whole store while we finished our shopping. I put him down for a nap when we got home. Hailey and I layed down to take naps too. I got about an hour nap before Bruce brought Haiely in to me when he was leaving for work cause she was still wide awake. She layed in bed with me for a while but never did fall asleep. My mom came over and picked up some of her stuff that I had packed in my suitcase. She brought her video camera and we watced the DVD of our trip. Hailey really liked seeing the video we took of inside the plane. Nana gave her and Kenzie the headbands she had gotton them while on our trip. Hailey put it on right away and started dancing and singing. When Max woke up from his nap, he asked to go potty. He pooped and peed on the potty and then I put his train underwear on him. He got really excited and ran over to Hailey to show her. He said "Tee Hayee. I got big boy pants!" He did really good with them and only had a couple accidents. Max has been coming up to me today pretending to cry saying " I cry mommy. Hold me." Then he wants me to hold him like a baby laying back in my arms with his blankie. When he did it again this evening, he laughed and said "I too punny (funny)." I gave the kids showers tonight. Hailey didn't even want to get out. I let her stay in while I got Max dried off. I just closed the curtain a little bit and let her hold the sprayer. She loves to hold the sprayer by herself. She just doesn't quite aim it in the right direction all the time and usually gets water all over the floor. After the shower, I had them help me clean up the toys in the living room and then put them to bed. They both fell asleep right away.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Max, you are such a big boy in your choo choo train underware. Good job going on the potty. I love you.

Hailey, you look so pretty in the headband from Nana. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures of Max and Daddy.

Anonymous said...

I wrote about the cute surprise pictures in the wrong section. They are really cute pictures.

Thank you, Max, for calling Nana on the phone today. That was a very nice surprise. I loved talking to you. I'm glad you can wear big boy underwear now. You are so cute and I am proud of how good you are doing.

Anonymous said...

Hailey, You look beautiful with the headband in and I love the pictures with your Indian doll. You are such a sweetie. Thank you for the beautiful valentine's cards. Papa and I loved them and we love you.