Saturday, February 16, 2008







Bruce left this morning to go put new countertops in his mom's kitchen. He won't be back until Monday. Kimmy and her family stopped by today. The kids were so excited to see each other. I made Mac and Cheese for lunch and Jacob took a bite and then came running out to the kitchen to tell me the food was good. It was so sweet. Max's new favorite thing to do the last couple of days is dump out every one of the toy buckets. He's been dumping out the dog toys for a couple of months now, and Bruce and I would complain about that saying we should put them away for a while. (And he doesn't just dump them out in the middle of the floor but always seems to dump them in front of the doorway or in the hallway where we have to walk.) But now he is dumping everything. He goes from one bucket to the next. First he dumps the dog toys, then his cars, then his blocks, and then the bucket of play food and dishes. Our living room is such a mess. You can hardly walk through it. I picked them all up so many times today and he even helps me pick them up, but as soon as we get them all picked up he just dumps them all out again. He likes to get in the buckets and pretend they are his boats after dumping them all out. I sure hope this phase is over soon. I would love it if he went back to just dumping out the dog toys again. Then this evening, Hailey decided to potty train Champ. She put him on the little potty which had pee in it. I didn't notice right away cause I was busy cleaning up a spot from Max having an accident. After getting him and the floor all cleaned up, I walked by the little potty as I was getting a diaper for Max and I saw that the floor was all wet in front of it. Then I rememered Hailey telling me that she was teaching Champ how to use the potty while I was cleaning up Max's mess. I didn't think much of it when she told me cause she always pretends to put her dolls on the potty but always has the lid shut and just sets them ontop of that. But then I also noticed that Champ's end was all wet too. I asked her if she put him on the potty and she said "I'm sorry. I was trying to teach him to go on the potty and he just fell in." By the time I realized what she did though, Champ had already walked all through the kitchen and dining room dripping pee all over the floor. So I gave Champ a bath and had to wash the entire kitchen and dining room floors. What a mess! And on top of all that, Max pulled all the clothes out of a few of his drawers so there was a huge pile of clothes laying all over his floor that I had to refold. I felt like all I did was cleaned up messes all day long. It was such a crazy day. I'll be glad to crawl in bed tonight. I'm exausted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a stinky mess with Champ - poor Mel. I'm glad you didn't mind up popping in on you. The kids sure were excited to see each other.

Melissa said...

Yeah, I thought Champ's mess was bad until I read about Truman. Now that's much worse. You guys can pop in any time. We love it when you come over.