Thursday, February 14, 2008

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!
































Hailey crawled in bed with us around 7:30, and every few minutes she asked if we could get up now. She was so excited about Valentine's Day. She had made a card for daddy yesterday and had hid it in her night stand. At 8:00 when we told her she could get up, she ran to her room, got out the card, and came running back to give it to daddy. Then she asked if they could open their stuff. Bruce and I gave the kids theirs first and then we opened ours from each other. We all ate a couple pieces of our candy before eating breakfast. The kids loved their stuffed animals and their whistle suckers. Bruce had to run to the store for a couple things so he took Max with him. While they were gone, Hailey and I got all the stuff ready to decorate hearts for the table. She was so excited to decorate her heart. She had her buttons all picked out and sat at the table waiting for daddy and Max to get home. As soon as they got home we all sat down and each decorated a heart with buttons and glitter to put on the table. Then we got ready for our candle lit dinner (we had to do lunch this year though cause Bruce had to work afternoons). I pulled all the shades to try to make it as dark as possible. It still wasn't very dark, but the kids loved it anyways. When we lit the candles, Max started singing "Happy Birthday" and after we were done eating he asked for some cake. We didn't have cake but he was happy with his candy. Bruce left after lunch to take grandpa to the doctor. Grandpa is going to see my family doctor who is very good and has helped me alot. This will be his first time seeing her so hopefully she'll be able to help him out and get him feeling better. Hailey and Max both took naps after lunch. Vikki dropped off Kenzie for a little while cause my mom went to grandpa's appointment too. Kenzie and I played Hailey's leapster game the whole time. When Bruce got back, he brought us each a valentine cupcake. He was in a hurry and had to leave for work right away. When the kids woke up, we ate dinner and Max had ketsup all over his face (I had to take a picture). Then we ate our cupcakes for desert. While I was talking on the phone with my mom today, Hailey started making her bed all on her own without me asking her to. I walked in while she was making it and she held up her hand telling me to go out. Then she came and got me to show me her bed that she had made. She did such a good job putting all the blankets on and tried to do it exactly how I do it when I help her make it. She even folded the corner of the blanket back like I do. (pictured above) It was so sweet of her to suprise me. She was so proud of herself too. Hailey had a really hard time falling asleep tonight, probably from all the sugar she had today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mel, What a great idea to make them cute hearts on Valentines Day. That picture of Max is so funny with his ketsup beard. I also love the picture of Hailey sleeping. I love you all - glad you had a fun Valentines day.

Anonymous said...

Very colorful and cute pictures for Valentine's Day. Loved all of them. xoxoxox