Wednesday, February 20, 2008




















Max and Hailey both woke up a little before 8:00, so we sat on the couch and watched Curios George and Clifford together. Bruce got home early since he stayed later yesterday. He got home right after we finished with lunch. Hailey and daddy played with the moon sand while Max took his nap. When Max woke up, we went to the car lot to check out some minivans. We stopped at the carwash on the way. Hailey hated going through the car wash, but Max loved it. He kept reaching out to touch the window. Hailey had a terrified look on her face and sometimes would put her blanket up over her eyes. She also kept begging to go out. She was very happy when she saw the end. We ended up winning a meijers gift card at the car lot. Then we went to Fazoli's for dinner. Max ate a ton and after he got done eating, he said "I peel better, Daddy." Hailey hardly touched her food though. I don't know why she wouldn't eat. She usually likes Fazoli's. When we got home, I got the kids into their pajamas. Max wanted to wear his "num nums" (pajamas with footies). I played the "num num" game with him, and then Hailey brought me her "num nums" which she always calls "Yum yums". When I started to pretend they were going to eat her, she said "Wait Mr. Yum Yum. You can't eat me while I have gum in my mouth cause I might choke if I laugh. But you can just eat my hands if you want." Then after watching Max laughing so hard as we played the "num num" game, Hailey went and spit out her gum and came back saying "Ok Mr. Yum Yum, you can eat me now." It's funny how my kids used to hate those footie pajamas until Kimmy told me how her and Jared call them "num nums" and Jacob loves them. I tried it too and now my kids beg to wear them. Max was so sweet and cuddly tonight while I rocked him. He was giving me lots of kisses. He always plays with my hair while I'm rocking him, and his finger got caught in my hair so he said "I torry Mommy. I don't mean it."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed when I read what Hailey said when you played the "num nums". Both boys love that part of pj time. Adam crawls away laughing. Jacob likes to talk to them. Its so cute how Hailey called them "Mr. yum yum". I just told Jared today that I wanted to take the kids through a drive-in carwash. I loved going through them when we were kids. How sweet what Max said when his finger got caught in your hair.

Anonymous said...

Num Nums, make the difference I see. How fun for the kids and what a memory it will be. I got to see Kimmy do it with Jacob last night. It was so cute. We have to get together for a visit. I miss you all. xoxox