Thursday, June 4, 2009














Max decorated himself with stickers.



The boys woke up at 8:00 and Hailey slept in till 9:00. She had woke up around 3:00 in the morning and had a hard time falling back asleep. Around 5:00 she came back in our room saying she was scared so I let her sleep on the floor in our room. Jack was also up from 3:00 until about 4:30. They are working on a bridge not to far from our house and we could hear the tractors pounding and stuff. I think that's why they woke up and couldn't fall back asleep. Bruce got the fan and put it in our bedroom for background noise. Both Hailey and Jack fell asleep quickly after that. Max and I played on the floor in his room with the Little People trucks and tractors until Hailey woke up. Then we had pancakes for breakfast. Max asked to play with moon sand so I got that out for them. Around 10:00, I put Jack down for his morning nap. Then I put sunscreen on the kids and sat on the porch swing, enjoying my coffee while watching the kids play. After awhile, the neighbor girls on both sides asked to come play. I sat on the sidewalk with the girls older sister and we talked while the kids played together. She brought her dog, a shitzu mix too, out to play with Abby. At first, Abby kept barking at her like she was trying to let her know who's yard it was, but then they started playing really cute together. We went inside when I heard Jack talking on the monitor. I couldn't believe it was already 1:00. He slept for three hours. The kids were really hungry for lunch so I gave them each a Lunchable which they loved. They were so excited when they saw it came with a treat. After lunch we went back outside. I dumped some water on the porch and got out the sidewalk chalk. Hailey and Max both loved drawing on the wet cement. Max said "Oh, it's paint!" It is more paint like when wet. They sure loved it. After coloring, they both stomped on the wet "paint" with their feet. As they were stomping around Hailey walked into the grass and stepped on a bee. It stung her and she screamed. It was her first time being stung. I took all the kids inside and scraped it with a credit card to get the stinger out. Then I gave her some ice and put some hydrocortisone cream on it. Max said "Is da bumble bee gonna give Haywee some honey. Dat will make her feel all better." I gave them each a spoonful of honey. Max said "Dat's nice of da bumble bee to give us honey, right mama?" She stopped crying to lick the honey off the spoon. Then she started crying again on and off for awhile, but not as hard. I got online to look up home remedies. We put toothpaste on it and that helped. She laughed when I put one of my socks on her foot so she wouldn't get toothpaste all over the floor. She said "Now I have a big foot." Jack crawled in his bedroom and started playing with the Little People cars. He was pushing them around making car noises. It was so cute. I put Max down for a nap and had Hailey lay on the couch to rest. Jack took such a long morning nap that he wasn't ready for his nap yet. Hailey asked if he could cuddle with her on the couch. I layed him by her. He started clapping his hands and saying "Pa-ba-cake. Da-cake. Bape-bape-nan." Hailey got all excited and said "He can say it now! He can say it whole! Wow, that's big!" He says the same thing every time he claps. I put Jack down for his nap around 4:00. Hailey ended up falling asleep too on the couch. Bruce got home around 4:30. He went over to the neighbors to help set up the garage sale. The boys woke up at 5:00. I tried waking Hailey up too but she just opened her eyes and fell back asleep. I took the boys outside and pushed them on the swings. Hailey woke up and joined us around 5:30. Daddy came and gave the kids some pushes too. After a few more pushes, we left to go to Grandpa's house. We stopped and got hot dogs on the way. Hailey wanted to show grandpa her bee sting right away. We brought Abby with us and showed Grandpa how she chases the laser. He thought that was funny and enjoyed watching her chase it all around the house. Bruce went out to water the garden. The kids and I stayed and visited with Grandpa. His hip was bothering him today. Hailey drew some pictures for grandpa and Max played with the cars and trucks. Jack liked exploring the house, crawling from room to room. He crawled past Max's cars and Max decided to give one to Jack to play with. Jack started pushing it and making car sounds again. Max really liked that. He said "Look it what Jack's doin!" Bruce came back inside, and visited with grandpa for awhile. The kids asked grandpa for some M&M's. Max ran back up to grandpa and said "You are nice, grandpa. I wuv you." While Max was sitting at the table with his M&M's, Jack pulled himself up to Max's chair. He looked like he was begging for some bites. Max said "Jack, you can't have M&M's yet. Your too little. Only when you're three you can. Silly Jack." He rubbed his head for a little bit and then started making him laugh by turning his head looking the other way and then quickly turning it back to look at him again. He did this many times making Jack laugh really hard. Around 7:30 we headed home to get the kids to bed. The realtor called on the cell phone and said that she wanted to show the house tomorrow. So I have some cleaning and decluttering to do tonight. Hailey was excited about someone coming to look at the house and started cleaning her room as soon as we got home. It was cute how she wanted things just perfect for the people. She said "I gotta clean up this junk in my doll crib. It's not really junk. It's just messy so I called it junk." (There was just a few doll blankets, doll clothes, and diapers piled in there by her baby." She didn't want it messy though. She took everything out and folded all the blankets and clothes, She put all but two blankets in the cupboard. Then she layed one of the blankets on the bottom of the crib and with the other blanket she wrapped her doll "like a newborn" (This is what she says when she wraps her dolls up tight in a blanket. She really does do a good job of wrapping them up.). She was such a big help cleaning up and also helped get Max's pajama's on saying "I'm helping you so we can go to bed so you can do work." I gave her a couple beans for the bean jar which made her really happy. She gave me a big hug and said "I love you". Bruce decided to vacuum quick while the kids were still awake. Hailey asked to help and vacuumed some of the living room. Can't believe this is the same girl who used to be terrified of vacuums not too long ago. It sure is nice not having two kids clinging to me and a baby crying while the vacuum is running. While I was reading books to Max, Jack was on my lap and kept trying to grab the pages. Hailey said "Mommy, I will hold Jack for you. Then it will be easier for you to read to Max. Cause it's kind of hard when he keeps grabbing the book, right?" After I was done reading to Max, Hailey ran and got Jack one of his books to read. She said "I know he'll like this one cause there's lots of babies in it." I tucked the boys in bed and then read to Hailey and tucked her in. Bruce and I started cleaning the house and taking things out to the shed as soon as we had all three kids in bed.

2 comments:

mom s said...

Nice pictures of the kiddos. I love how Max was talking about the bees!

Kimmy said...

Haha what Max said about the honey is so funny!