Friday, June 5, 2009

June 5, 2009


















Jack fell asleep like this.






I think Nana fell asleep too.

Blowing bubbles.


I thought it was cute how Hailey and Max stood holding hands while waiting to watch Kenzie get off the bus.

The kids were excited to see Kenzie get off the bus.


Jack pulled himself up to look outside. He had to stand on his tippy toes to see.

Max made a "hazoona" (a limousine) with his Automoblox.


Jack woke up at 8:00. Both Hailey and Max were still sleeping, so I brought him in bed with me and he cuddled for another half an hour. Max and Hailey didn't wake up until almost 9:00. As soon as Abby heard Max talking in his bed, she ran into his room and jumped up on his bed giving him tons of kisses. He laughed and called me in to see that Abby knows how to jump up by herself now. He put her back on the floor and then called her back up to show me again. She happily jumped back up and then layed down with him. He cuddled with her for awhile before coming out. After they had their breakfast, they watched Clifford. I did some last minute cleaning and put a few more things in the shed. We headed over to mom's house around 11:00. They weren't showing the house until 1:30, but I wanted the house to stay clean. When we got to the corner that we turn to go to my mom's house or grandpas house, Hailey said "That way is grandpas' house and that way is church." Then she asked "But why is there two ways to Nana's house?" (Bruce and I both take different ways to get to my moms' house.) I tried to explain to her and told her I'd draw a map and show her when we got home. My mom wasn't there when we got there. I took the kids down to the basement to play. Hailey was so excited to see the new washing machine and dryer and ironing board toy. She started playing with that right away. She put some doll clothes and blankets in the washing machine. Then she moved them to the dryer. After that she took them out one at a time and ironed them using a blow dryer for an iron. Max had fun riding the car around. He told me that the rug was the slow road and the rest of the floor was the fast road. He drove around a few times always slowing way down when he came to the rug. Then he'd drive fast the rest of the way around as soon as he got off the rug. Every time he came to the rug he'd say "Dis is da slow road. I gotta go slow now." Then when we got off of it he'd say "Now I'm on da fast road." After a few times of going around like this, he came to the "slow road" and drove really fast across it. He said "I was speedin' so now you gotta give me a ticket pweeceman." I pretended to give him a ticket. He thought that was funny and did that a few more times. Then he pretended his car was a firetruck. He tied a jump rope around the back of his car and drove around making siren sounds. He said "Mommy, is dere a fire somewhere? Do you need a fireman." I pointed to the slide and said there was a fire over there. He said "pretend someone is stuck in da fire and I will save him." I put a doll on the slide. He drove his firetruck around making siren sounds and then sprayed out the fire with the "hose". Then he climbed the ladder on the slide to rescue the baby. He carefully got the baby down and carried it over to me. He said "Here you go. I saved your baby." It wasn't long before Nana came and joined us down in the basement. We had mac n cheese for lunch. Then Nana asked if we wanted ice cream sandwiches. Hailey made a face and said "Ewe." She thought Nana meant sandwiches with bread and ice cream. When she saw that they were an ice cream treat she wanted one. After we ate, we went outside. Nana and I pushed the kids on the swings. Max played in the sandbox making us coffee and cake. Hailey rode the bike. Jack fell asleep while swinging. I took him out of the swing, and Nana held him for awhile. I think she ended up falling asleep too. We had a snack outside. Then Hailey and Max colored. Jack woke up and played in the grass. Hailey and Nana blew some bubbles. When we went back inside, Abby really wanted to play with Mocha who was resting in her cage. She kept barking at her to come out and play. We stayed to watch Kenzie get off the bus. Papa came home while we were waiting. He stood out and waited with us. Hailey told Papa that four fives plus a one equals twenty one. The kids waved when they saw the bus coming. Daddy beat us home. We made spaghetti for dinner. I cut up some beans for Jack. He ate them so fast I could hardly keep up. I was also feeding him some baby food. I was able to sneak in a bite now and then, but if I tried to give him two bites in a row he'd shake his head no. He wanted the real thing. He did the same thing for lunch. I gave him some bites of my mac n cheese and he'd shake his head no for his baby food. After dinner we had to get ready for dance class. While I was helping Hailey with her tights, Max was playing with his "take-off cars" (Automoblox). He came running up to me all excited to show me the "hazoona" (limousine) he made. He had put all of the pieces together to make one very long car. (A few weeks ago, he saw a limousine and said "What dat kind of car, mama?" I told him it was a limousine, and he hasn't seen another one or mentioned it until about a week later when he made a long car with Legos and told me he made a "hazoona". I didn't know what he meant until the other day when he saw one while we were driving and pointed it out and said "Look! A hazoona!" It was very hot in there so Daddy took Max outside. Max just wanted to walk along the curb the whole time. He and daddy and another little boy walked back and forth until dance class was over. When Hailey came out, she wanted to walk along it too. They did a few times before we left. We got cookies on the way home. At bedtime, daddy read their books and the Bible to the kids while they sat out on the patio swing. I read books to Jack and got him ready for bed. Then the kids came in to brush teeth. Jack sure loves to get his teeth brushed. He gets very excited when he sees the toothbrush. I tucked all the kids in bed and then Bruce and I sat out on the porch swing for a little while. We then came in and watched some TV. Abby was all wound up, running around the house. She pulled everything out of her cage including her bed and started dragging it around playing with it. Hailey was surprised and laughed when Abby came running into her room and jumped up on her bed while I was tucking her in. (Today was the first time she's jumped up by herself on anything. Their beds are toddler beds so she has discovered she can easily jump up on them now.

1 comment:

mom s said...

Nice pictures....Love seeing these pics of the kids..so cute and brings back so many memories!!!