Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Max loved the wheels I made for his truck.

Using the same tool I did to make more wheels for his truck.

He made a bunch of wheels and then he'd squish the wheels on his truck a little bit and get a "new wheel" to replace the "fwat wheel". Then he'd load the "broke wheel" on the back of his truck.




Max found this weed and said "Look, wheat field! It's wheat!"




Jack sure loved playing in the bucket of water.



Jack kept dumping the water out so the girls kept filling pails for him.




"I caught one!"

Taking his bucket of fish to "get measured".

Measuring his fish.

Then he decided he needed a pond to throw his fish back in so he pulled a bucket of water over.

Throwing his fish back in the water after measuring it.

This morning, after eating breakfast, the kids wanted to play with playdough. Hailey liked making me cookies. She would poke little holes in it to make sprinkles. Then she made me a pizza and cut it up into triangles. Max made a truck. He asked me to make some wheels for it. I made some small circles and then used one of the tools to make a mark that looked alot like a wheel. He loved it. After putting all four wheels on, he squished one a little bit to make it look flat. He said "Oh no! Dis is a fwat wheel! We need anudder (another) one wheel." I made another small circle for him and he used the tool to make the "wheel" mark. He loved doing this and wanted to do a bunch more. He pretended to fix the wheels, replacing them with new ones. He'd then take the "broke wheel" and put it in the back of the truck. Bruce mowed the lawn. Nana came over around 1:40 to watch the kids while I went to therapy. The kids were very excited and kept asking when she was going to get here. They got a stool and watched out the front window. I told Nana to put Max and Jack down for their nap at 2:00. When we got back, both Jack and Max were still sleeping, and Hailey and Nana were sitting out on the porch swing. Jack woke up just before Nana left. Hailey wanted to practice riding her bike without training wheels. Her and daddy practiced for awhile. The neighbor girl, Amber Lyn came out with her bike and rode up and down the sidewalk behind Hailey. Then Hailey rode her bike with the training wheels up and down the sidewalk with Amber Lyn. Bruce and I sat in the grass by the sidewalk and watched them. Jack liked playing in the grass. He also liked crawling over to touch the sidewalk. He liked feeling the difference between the grass and sidewalk. After the girls were done riding bikes, Amber Lyn came over to play, and they had fun swinging together. They gave Jack some pushes too and had him laughing. He was in the bumble bee swing, so we all started singing "I'm bringing home my baby bumble bee" which had him laughing really hard. I'd pull the swing up close to me as we said "Isn't he soft and cuddly", and then I'd push it away and let it swing back as we yelled "Ouch it stung me". He sure thought that was funny. I got a couple buckets of water for the girls to play in. They had fun splashing water at each other and getting their hair wet by dunking their heads in the buckets. They also dumped cups of water on the puppy. Abby enjoyed getting cooled off and kept going back for more. I gave Jack a small pail of water too, and he loved splashing in it. He kept tipping it over and got pretty soaked. He'd say "Uh oh" and then started splashing in the water on the cement. We had the windows open, and I heard Max calling me from his bedroom. I went in and told him he could come out with us. He was still laying in his bed and said "No I don't want to. I still just want to sleep." He layed there for another 10 minutes before he joined us outside. He also had fun in the water but didn't want to get his clothes wet. He said "I just want my belly outside" and took his shirt off. He put all the plastic fish in the bucket of water and used the little fishing pole to catch the fish. When he caught one, he put it in the pail and said "I look like Uncle Jared." After catching a bunch of fish, he'd take them in the pail over to the picnic table to "get measured". He put the pail right up onto the table. Then he'd say "Mommy, I want to be the measuring man." He asked me how many fish I caught. I counted and told him how many. Then he'd say "Dat's alot." He took each one out one at a time and measured it by laying it on the table. He'd say "Oh, dat's a big one!" or "Oh, dat's a little one." After measuring each fish he'd throw it behind him saying "Throw it back in da water." He did everything he did or saw them doing at the fishing contest the other day. We played outside until dinnertime. When Max first came out, Abby was all wet but was almost dry by the time we came in. He said "Da sun dried her. She's lookin pretty now." We invited Amber Lyn to stay for dinner. Hailey went with her to go ask her mom. Hailey was so happy to have a friend over. She showed her her bedroom. And she asked to sit by her at the table. After they were done eating, they played dolls in Hailey's room while we cleaned up and got ready to go to Grandpa's house. Aunt Jodi was there too. Grandpa was outside when we got there. Hailey rode her scooter, and Max rode his car up and down grandpa's long driveway. Grandpa enjoyed watching the kids and stood out in the driveway until his hip started bothering him and he had to go sit down. I filled my cheeks with air and showed Jack how to hit my cheeks to get me to blow it back out. He'd laugh as I blew it all out. Except he didn't want to stop after that and kept hitting my cheeks to get me to do it again and again. Daddy did the trimming. Then we went on the porch and visited with grandpa and Aunt Jodi. Max was cute when he went up to grandpa to tell him about fishing today. He leaned right into his lap and got close to his face to tell him. Max found a ball and asked to play kick ball. I went outside in the grass and Hailey, Max, and I had fun chasing the ball around and kicking it. They'd laugh so hard as they tried to beat me to it. Aunt Jodi held Jack while we played. On our way home, Max started complaining that he didn't get to stay awake with Nana very long. He said in a whiny voice, "Nana come over and den I had to go to sleep. Den I wake up and Nana was bye bye and Mama was home. I didn't get to play wif Nana bery long. Dat's not fair. I want to do dat next time." I guess I'll I better not tell Nana to put him down for a nap so soon next time so he can have more time with Nana. We didn't get home until 8:30 and didn't get the kids in bed until 9:00. They were very tired.

1 comment:

Kimmy said...

Nice playdoh wheel Mel. I miss Grandpa (and Grandma)! I used to love playing with that green ball they had.