Wednesday, June 3, 2009





Practicing riding without training wheels.

Taking a break.

The cupcakes we made for the cakewalk.

At the school fun fair.







Max loved looking through his surprise bag.











Hailey was drawing on her face and I asked her what she was doing, and she said "Painting my face."



After eating breakfast, we started making cupcakes for the cake walk at the fun fair tonight at Hailey's school. We decided to put them together to make a caterpillar. Bruce and I decorated it using miniature M&M's for eyes, red hots for the nose, and licorice for the mouth, feet and antennae. Hailey and Max sure liked the cake. After we were done making it we all went outside. Daddy worked in the garage while the kids played. I gave the kids a few pushes on the swings and then came back inside to put Jack down for a nap. I decided to decorate the few extra cupcakes for the kids making caterpillar heads. After that, I started a load of laundry and then went back outside with the kids. I helped Bruce get a few things ready for the garage sale tomorrow. (We are putting some things in the neighbors garage sale.) Jack woke up so I brought him outside with us. Hailey asked to hold him. She gave him a bunch of kisses and then took him to the swings. She put him on his belly on one of the swings and then she got on her belly on the other swing. She showed him how to swing by pushing off with her feet and he copied her. Then she gave him a couple little pushes. I got a little worried at first when she picked her feet up and put them around Jack swinging with him. But she said "I'm doing it loosely." She showed me how she wasn't really on top of him (like it looked from where I was standing), just behind him. Then she picked him up and sat on the swing with him. She said "Don't worry. I won't fall with him cause I'm being careful. I just put my arms around the swing like this and hold him." He was laughing as she swung with him. Then she stopped and gave him some big kisses and hugs. He cuddled right into her. It was so cute. Then Hailey asked daddy if she could practice riding her bike without training wheels again. Daddy helped her get her helmet on, and Max said "But where's my helmet? I want to ride a bike too." We put Max's helmet on and got out his tricycle. He said "I wook (look) wike, wike Papa." Hailey did better today. Daddy was able to let go a little longer a couple times. I followed behind carrying Jack and the camera. We went around the block. Max preferred to push with his feet rather than peddle but would peddle if we asked him to. He did pretty good peddling most of the way around the block. When we got back, it was time for lunch. Max is still eating a ton. For lunch, he ate three meat sticks, a string cheese, two whole bananas, applesauce, and some chips. I put the boys down for naps and then did some more laundry. Daddy took Hailey for a ride on the bike. When they got back, Hailey layed on the couch and played her Leapster game. Around 3:30, I woke Max and Jack up so we could get ready to go to the fun fair at Hailey's school. Nana and Papa met us there. The kids played some games and won some tickets to use at the "store" afterwards. After a few games, we headed over to the cake walk. The kids were very excited about this. While we were making the cupcakes earlier, I told them all about it and how I loved that game when I was a little kid. Hailey won some cupcakes the first time she played. Then we headed to some classrooms to play some more games. Hailey liked seeing some of her friends from school and also her teacher. Right away she told her teacher that she won some cupcakes. We all went to the gym again to get hot dogs and nachos. We also bought some donuts to take home. The school makes them right there in the cafeteria. Hailey was so happy that we sat next to her teacher. After the kids were done eating, they did the cake walk once more. Max won this time. He was excited to win and picked some Amish friendship bread. Hailey and Max got their faces painted. Hailey wanted a flower and Max said he wanted a bumble bee. He was excited when the lady said she would make him look like a bumble bee. He was so cute talking to her. Before we left, she said "He is so sweet. I just love him. He is just the cutest boy." The kids played a few more games to use up the rest of their tickets. Then they took their tickets to the "store" to buy some things. Max loved the school bus he bought with his tickets. Hailey got a light up fan and a little frog. We invited Nana and Papa over for cupcakes and friendship bread. Max was excited when I showed him the cupcakes I made that looked like caterpillar faces. He wanted one of those and Hailey wanted one of the ones she won. Max laughed when he ate the eyes, nose, and mouth off his caterpillar. We had a nice visit with Nana and Papa. Hailey wanted to show Nana what a parachute was. She got a blanket and they each held an end doing a parachute. She loved doing this at school with the big parachute. They were laughing hard as Abby kept jumping underneath it trying to catch the blanket. I got the laser out for the puppy to chase. We were all laughing as she chased it all around, even over daddy who was laying on the floor and through Nana and Hailey's legs. We also got her to jump up on Papa's legs. She is such a funny dog. It was pj time after Nana and Papa left. After getting them to bed, Bruce and I sat out on the porch swing for a while.

No comments: