Friday, June 12, 2009

Hailey and Max used all the Frisbees to make a little table and some plates, and then sat on stools to use as chairs. They told me they were having a picnic.


Hailey and Max were getting hot in the sun, so they decided to make some shade. Hailey started out laying inside the toy bucket (in above picture) and then moved over to Max's shade that he made using the chair and the big red ball.



Hailey put the hula hoop around the big ball and said "Look, do you know what this is? It's Saturn. See it's big and round and has a ring around it."





This morning, I took the kids outside while I enjoyed my cup of coffee. That's the only way I can actually finish my coffee is if I go sit outside. If I'm in the house, I always get busy with something, forgetting about it and only end up taking a few sips. After reading Kimmy's blog, I got this great idea to take the kids out for a little bit in the morning until I finish my coffee. (Thanks for the idea Kimmy!) It's a great way to start the day. So after breakfast that's what we've been doing alot lately. The kids had fun playing on the porch with some of their ride on vehicles. After I finished my coffee, we came back inside and watched Clifford. I folded the clothes and put them all away. Then I started another load of laundry. Max came and helped me. He loves to dump the detergent in and throw the fabric softener ball in. He also loves to help me throw the clothes in. I let the kids go back outside while I was in the utility room checking the clothes for stains before putting them into the dryer. I gave them a snack to eat outside. They got out all the Frisbees and used them to make a little table and some plates. They told me they were having a picnic. They used pails for stools to sit on. Bruce made hot dogs on the grill for lunch. Hailey asked if we could have a picnic. We spread a blanket out in the grass. It was very hot and sunny. The kids decided to make some shade. Hailey got the big toy bucket and tipped it on it's side. She layed with her head inside it. Then Max said "I need to make some shade for me too." He pulled the chair over and then put the big ball on top of it (with a little help from mommy). Hailey and Max layed under the chair in the little bit of shade and ate their lunch. Jack tried a pickle for the first time and made a sour face. It was so funny. He liked when we would all laugh at him. After Hailey was done eating, she got out the hula hoop. She was pretty good at it. Then she took it and put it around the big ball and said "Look, do you know what this is? It's Saturn. See it's big and round and has a ring around it." The kids took off their clothes and had fun playing in the water. They would fill their pails and then dump them into the big toy bucket. They said they were making a pool. Once they got it about half full, they climbed in. Max sat down with just his head sticking out and said "I'm in da man hole. I'm going to daddy's work! I'm going to daddy's work! Help me! Help me!" Then Hailey started pretending it was a toilet. They were so funny how they were pretending it was a toilet and that they were getting flushed down to daddy's work. They'd make flushing sounds and then squat down lower and lower as they spun around. It sure was funny. I was glad I got some videos to show Bruce when he got home. I put Max down for a late nap. It was time to eat dinner and then get ready to go to dance class. Max had fun playing with AJ, the little boy that he always played with last year. They layed on Max's blankie playing with cars. They liked making tunnels and hills with Max's blankie. I sat on the floor by them with Jack. Jack kept crawling away and going up to another baby. Then another little girl, who is about six months older than him, walked up to him and started petting his head. He layed down by her and rolled over onto his back. She sat by him and rubbed his head and belly. It was so funny. He really loved the attention. Everybody was laughing at him. Then he'd crawl away and then lay down again just to get more laughs. When he'd get too far and start to go around the corner, I'd go get him and bring him back. The little girl came over and sat behind him and pulled him back into her lap. She said "I holdin' him." It was funny cause he was almost as big as she was. He kept looking back at her with big smiles. Every once in a while, Max would stop playing and go rub Jack's head telling everyone "Dat's our baby. He's ours." One time Max looked around and didn't see him cause he was behind a lady. Max said "Where's my baby Jack?" Today was Hailey's last dance class until her practice at the theater the day before the recital. She is getting really excited. She also was excited to show me the bag of treats that they gave out to each kid. She called Max over and said "Max, do you want a piece of Hailey's candy? Look it Max, Hailey has some candy for you." He came running over and Hailey gave him a piece of candy. They looked cute standing there with their heads together while looking in the little bag to see what was in it. We came home and got ready for bed right away.

No comments: