Tuesday, June 2, 2009






Bruce got up with the kids and let me sleep in this morning. I slept in till 9:00. Max asked to play with the rice again, so I got that out for them. Hailey pretended to cook and Max played with his tractors and dump truck in it. After that, we got dressed and went outside for a little while. I opened the sandbox for Max, and there was a big black spider in it. He asked me to get it. I went to get a Kleenex and when I came back, Max was looking closely at it saying "Oh, he's soft." It was a fuzzy spider. I decided to get a container and put it in it for him to look at. He carried it around with him the rest of the time we were outside. He put it in his dump truck with his worm and rollie pollie bug. And drove them around. He even wanted it to swing in the bumble bee swing with him. We got new neighbors that moved next door in the back. They have a little girl, about 8 years old. Hailey started taking to her through the fence. Bruce knows her sister from teaching. Hailey talked to her through the fence and pet their dogs. We all visited through the fence for awhile and then let the little girl come over to play. We made eggs, potatoes, and toast for lunch. We also made Jack a scrambled egg yolk. He loved it and loved the potatoes too. So far there is nothing that he doesn't like. While I was helping him stand up by holding his hands, I let go and he stood for awhile on his own. He would stand for about 5-10 seconds at a time. We had to go to the store for a few things. While riding in the cart, Hailey said "Does four fives and a seven make twenty-seven? Cause four fives makes twenty." She must have been counting to herself and adding up all the fives while she was riding through the store. I put Max and Jack down for naps when we got home. Hailey's teacher said she was going to stop over around 4:00 to bring Hailey's memory book that she had to add a page to. Hailey had been watching the clock and when the small hand got close to the 4 she ran to the front window and said "It's 4:00! So my teacher is going to come now!" She stood and watched out the front window until 4:30. She was so excited to see her pull in the driveway. She said "My teacher's here! My teacher's here!" She opened the door for her and said hi. The neighbor kids from both sides came over to play with Hailey again. Daddy took the training wheels off of Hailey's smaller bike from last year. She was much more comfortable riding that one since both her feet could reach the ground. She did much better, and he even let go a few times for a few seconds. She was VERY proud of herself. When I came back inside to check on the boys, Jack was crying very hard. I went in to get him and then Max woke up and started crying. They both cried for awhile. Jack stopped as soon as I walked back outside. Max cried at the door and wouldn't even come out. After a few minutes he decided to stop crying and join us. He played in his sandbox again with his tractors. We came back inside for dinner. I gave the kids a box and some markers while we got dinner ready. They had fun coloring all over the box. Hailey said she made a robot and Max said he made a choo choo train. After dinner, they had fun playing with their box. Hailey put the box around her and walked around pretending to be a robot. Then Max got in it and pretended to be a train. He asked Hailey to get in with him. They both walked around the house with it making train sounds. After they were done playing with it, I put it on the floor for Jack to crawl in. He didn't hesitate to crawl inside. He was so funny and would push on the side moving it along as he crawled inside it. He was laughing as he would push the side down and it would move. The kids thought it was funny when I hid inside the box with Jack and hummed the "Pop Goes the Weasel" tune. Then I lifted Jack up at the end of the song and said it was "a Jack in the box". Hailey wanted to try it. She got in with Jack and I hummed the tune again this time pretending to turn the handle. Max really thought that was funny. Hailey was a little delayed as Jack was a little heavy for her to lift up but she popped him up at the end of the tune. We started bedtime routines around 8:00 and had the kids in bed by 8:30.

No comments: