Saturday, June 13, 2009

Jack loves to sit on the stool and brush his teeth.


Max made a "house" in the hallway. He lined up all the pillows to make a couch and spread out a blanket for a bed. Then he sat on his couch with his monkey and read books.




Max wanted Jack to come in his "house" too. Max asked me to put Jack right next to him on the "couch" so he could read some books to him.





Hailey drew these stars.

Being silly.



Bruce and I worked on cleaning the house for the open house and also packing for the parade tomorrow. Max made a "house" in the hallway. He lined up the couch pillows along the wall and said it was his couch. Then he went and got a few other things to put in his house, including a blanket, his monkey, and some books. He sat on his "couch" with his monkey and read some books. Then he asked me if I wanted to come in his house with him. I sat on his couch with him and then he told me to try the "bed" (the blanket). He smiled when I told him it was a very comfy bed and then pretended to fall asleep. Jack crawled over to us. Max asked me to put Jack on his "couch" by him so he could read books to him. Hailey got some treats for Abby and had her do tricks (sit, lay down, and roll over) for them. Then she asked me to make sure Abby stayed sitting as she walked across the room and told her to stay. When she got to the other end of the room, she called Abby and gave her a treat for coming. Abby did pretty good. I just had to put my hand on her back a couple times to remind her to stay until she was called. Hailey and I took turns being the one to walk away and call her. We went outside to play after lunch. I cleaned up some things around the yard and Bruce organized the garage. We came in for snack time and then nap time at 2:00. Bruce left for work. Hailey played dollhouse in her room. I did some more laundry. After dinner, Vikki came over to visit. She had found a wooden town set at a garage sale to keep at her house for when the kids visit. She brought it in the house to show us, and Max had so much fun playing with it. He loved putting the roads together and making bridges. Then he drove his matchbox cars on it. Hailey had fun playing with Kenzie. Shortly after Vikki left, my parents called and said they were going to stop in. Hailey and Max were excited to see them too. We sat outside and visited while watching the kids play. Max did "tricks" on his ride on car. Hailey rode her scooter. The neighbor girl asked if she could come play. She brought her dog over to play with Abby. The girls had fun swinging. We had trail mix for a snack. Nana and Papa stayed until 8:00. Then we went in and got ready for bed. I was tucking Max in bed and he asked for a sip of water. While I was getting him some ice water, Hailey went in his bedroom and I could hear her talking so sweetly to him. When I came back into the room, she was sitting on the edge of his bed and rubbing his head. Max smiled up at her and said "You nice Haywee." Hailey said "I love you Max." I let her stay and rub his head for a little while longer before tucking her in bed.

No comments: