Monday, December 1, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAX!!!


Eating snow while watching daddy put the outside lights up.


Eating more snow.
Throwing snowballs at Hailey.

Hailey playing with the junk mail. She was asking Max questions and "writing" down his answer. She likes to write in the blanks and check the boxes.


Jack laughing at Hailey.

Then Hailey said "Oh, he's so cute. Can you get me the camera. Hurry he's smiling so cute right now." Here is just a few of the pictures that she took. I think there must have been at least twenty. It took me awhile to go through them all and decide which ones to put on.







Hailey put on all three skirts that our neighbor, Connie, made for her. She said "Do like my pretty dress?"

Max had fun riding his bike around the house. Then he decided it would be fun to give his balloons a ride and put them in the bag on the front of his bike.



Max went straight for his cars and garbage truck as soon as he woke up. When I told Max happy birthday this morning, he said "Do you got a present for me?" Daddy went outside to shovel, so I got the kids in their snowsuits and sent them out to play. After feeding Jack and getting him down for his morning nap, I went outside for a little while. Daddy put up Christmas lights and the snowman. The kids loved watching the snowman "wake up (blow up)". Max was getting huge handfuls of snow and eating it. Hailey got cold and went inside. She was playing in front of the door and Max started throwing snowballs at the glass door. She would jump every time she saw it coming toward her. They were both laughing so hard. I made hot chocolate when we came in. Max ran straight for his cars again. He didn't even want to leave them to come drink his hot chocolate. He played with them until lunchtime. Vikki called to tell Max happy birthday. While he was talking to her he said "I three my old, wike dis." as he held up his three fingers to the phone. Vikki came over to give Max his birthday present. He loved his little John Deere tractor and his new DVD's. We put the race car one in and he was really into it. He loved the part showing them change the wheels. We went to Tim Horton's get the kids a cookie and me a mocha. As soon as we got in the house, Max ran right in to go play with his cars again. While he was sitting on the floor playing, I listened to the messages on the answering machine. As soon as he heard Aunt Meme singing Happy Birthday, he said "Dat's for me!" I let him play for a few minutes, but he had a meltdown when it was time to go down for his nap. It didn't last too long though. As soon as we got to his room he crawled in his bed and stopped crying. I read him a book and tucked him in bed. I had the monitor on and after listening to him talk for an hour, I went in to check on him. He had a bunch of books and trucks and cars in bed with him. I took them away and told him to lay down and take a nap. He fell asleep pretty quickly after that. He woke up very excited saying "Can I play wif my cars now? I can?" Then he ran out to get them. He cried when I told him to come to the table to eat his dinner. He was happy when I set them on the table to "watch him eat". We had cake and ice cream after dinner. Then Max got down to play with his cars and garbage truck until bedtime. Aunt Meme called to talk to Max. She told him happy birthday and he said "I wuv happy dirdays!"

2 comments:

Vikki's Blog said...

I love the picture of Max smiling by the snowman, he looks so tiny compared to that big snowman. Your lucky you still have your snowman...did I tell you someone stole ours right out of our front yard??? LOL!
And I love all the pics of Jack, its funny how we take so many of the same pics of our kids but we put them all on here cuz their expression is different in each pic, makes it hard to pick what one you wanna put on here, hu? lol

Vikki's Blog said...

I also like the pic of Max holding the cars baloon. The one where his face is lit up or something. Its cool how the light made the baloon look big and bright and Max's face lit up too.