Friday, December 5, 2008



After dropping Hailey off at preschool, we took Jack for his four month well check. Max liked playing with the cars and trucks in the waiting room. He would push them all around the room, saying "I gotta find a parking spot", and then park them under the slide. Jack was very good for his appointment. He smiled lots at the nurse when she was checking him over. He only cried for a few seconds while he was getting his shots, four of them, but stopped as soon as I picked him up. We stopped and picked Hailey up from preschool on the way home. She wanted to make her teacher a picture as soon as she got home. She asked me to tell her how to spell everything and wrote "I love you. You are a great teacher. Have a great day." Hailey said "Max do you want me to read to you? Wah or no?" (I think it 's funny that she always say "wah" just like he pronounces yah when she's talking to him.) He climbed up by her in the rocking chair, and she read the Bible to him. After lunch, I cut some shapes out of construction paper for the kids and helped them make cats. We glued on the shapes, circles for the head and eyes, triangles for the ears and nose. Then they had fun decorating their cats with markers. Max drew "stripes" on his kitty, and Hailey drew purple hearts all over her and said her kitty had "heart spots". They turned out really cute. This evening, my mom came over and went to dance class with us. The shades were open today, so we could watch her. She sure does a great job. And I love to hear her class sing the recital song. They all sing so loud and it's so cute. After dance class, Nana stayed and watched the video of Hailey picking out her doll with us. The kids sure love to "wake up" the snowman every night. When I tell them it's time to wake him up they both come running. They take turns every night flipping the switch to turn him on. Max still hasn't stopped playing with his toys he got for his birthday. He gets them all out first thing when he wakes up until it's time to go to bed. Unless we have to go somewhere or it's time to eat or take a nap. Then he always gets upset for a little while because he doesn't want to stop playing. He cried again tonight when I took him to his room to go to bed. I took one of his stuffed animals and made it dance and sing. Max thought it was so funny and stopped crying right away. Hailey soon joined us. So we all sat in Max;s room and sang songs. We lined up the stuffed animals at the end of Max's bed. They liked when I would make each of the stuffed animals talk and say what their favorite song was. Then Hailey and Max would sing it with them.

Hailey's kitty.

Max's kitty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The kitty's are a cute idea. I'll have to do them with the boys. They look like fun. I'm glad you posted pictures of them.