Sunday, December 28, 2008

Hailey watching the pictures on my new digital picture frame.


Max really loved playing with the moon sand. He had so much fun digging in the "dirt" with the tractor and filling the dump truck.


Jack likes playing with this lights and sounds book on his bumbo tray.




Bruce and I didn't get to bed until 2:00 last night. It seemed like we had just fallen asleep when Hailey woke up and climbed in bed with us. We looked at the clock and it was 3:00. So we walked her back to her bed. She stayed for about a half an hour and then came back to our bedroom. We played the game of walking her back to her bedroom numerous times, about every half an hour or so, until 7:00 when we finally let her lay in bed with us. Jack woke up shortly after that and when she heard him crying on the monitor, she said "Jack's crying. I think he's scared of the wind." I brought him in bed to feed him and she gave him a hug and said "Awe, are you scared of the wind too?" So I guess that's why she was up all night because she was scared of the wind. I didn't even think of that when we were walking her back to her room, but it was making alot of strange noises that would be pretty scary to a kid. And all the icicles were falling too which was pretty noisy. I'm surprised she didn't say anything and just let us walk her back to her room. We even told her she couldn't watch any TV tomorrow and she would have to take a nap. She cried when we told her that but she still didn't say anything about being scared. She just said "I want to take a nap tomorrow. Just let me stay in your room. Please!" Now I feel a little bad. If she would have said something we would have prayed with her which always makes her feel better, and I might have even let her sleep on the floor in our room. While I fed Jack she rubbed his head the whole time and kept telling him it was OK. She never did fall back asleep. The alarm went off at 8:00 but we layed their until 9:00 when Max woke up. We were so tired, it was hard getting up to get ready for church. Hailey didn't even ask to watch Curious George this morning. She remembered that we told her no TV today. We hurried and got ready for church. At the last minute, Max wet his pants and Jack pooped and we were already running a little late. So we were almost a half an hour late for church, missing most of praise and worship. Max moved to the three year old class today. He was very excited that he was such a big boy and got to go to "a big class" just like Hailey. I also put Jack in the nursery. He did really good and was happy the whole time. Bruce and I both had a hard time staying awake during service. When I picked Max up, he was very excited to show me the picture he colored. He said "Look it what I make! I big now!" The rest of the day he kept asking "Are I big?". We stopped and got a mocha on the way home. After eating lunch, I had the kids lay down for naps. They all fell asleep very quickly. I was going to lay down and take a nap too but decided to go through all our pictures and pick some for my new digital frame that I got for Christmas. I filled the memory card up with my favorite pictures and had it playing by the time Hailey woke up from her nap. She noticed it right away and loved seeing all the pictures. She sat in front of it watching it go through all the pictures until it was time for dinner. Max enjoyed watching the pictures with us too when he woke up. There were alot of pictures of the kids with Champ. Hailey said "I love Champ. I miss him." After we ate, the kids asked to get out the bumble bee hop game. Max said "I want my faborwit (favorite) bug game to play." They sure squeal and giggle while trying to get away from the bumble bee as it "chases" them around in circles. It's so funny to watch. They played that for about an hour, and then I had them play something quieter so they could settle down before starting bedtime routines. Jack was sure having fun sitting in his bumbo seat playing with his new toys on the tray. The tray is nice cause he can play longer without dropping his toys. He doesn't really know what he is saying yet but he has now added "mama" to the list of sounds he makes. He sure is talkative. He also likes to spit and is always blowing rasberries.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mel, you should have taken a nap with the kids. Love ya. Though I'd have done the pictures too I'm sure:)