Monday, December 15, 2008

December 13, 2008

This morning, when I woke up, I heard Max talking quietly in his bedroom. When I walked in his room, he was sitting on the floor playing with some toys. As soon as he saw me he asked " Mommy, are you home?" Since the babysitter put him to bed last night, he thought she was still here. I think he was just afraid to come out of his room thinking we weren't there. He excitedly asked "Can I come out of my bedwoom now? Is it wake up time?" We went over to my parents house for a family Christmas party today. We had a great time visiting with family. The kids had lots of fun playing together in the basement. After the kids opened their gifts, we adults did a Chinese gift exchange, which is alot of fun and something we do every year now. Bruce and I drove separate cause he is working midnights and had to leave for work. It started snowing and the roads were getting bad, so I decided to just spend the night. When I told Hailey that we might spend the night, she said "Maybe Nana will share her jammies with you. I'll go ask her." She was so excited about us all spending the night. She acted like she thought I didn't know what it was like to spend the night there. She was showing me where we would sleep and telling me a bunch of other things about spending the night at Nana's. And she was very excited to show me how you can "turn on Nana's bed to make it warm" (the heated mattress pad). She said "You will love this." It was so funny. Before going to bed, she had to make a bed for her doll, Cassie. She made it on the floor right next to our bed. Then she tucked Cassie in, covering her with a blanket and kissing her goodnight. After tucking the kids in bed, my mom and I sat on the couch, looking at magazines and talking. It was really nice spending that time together.

I love this video of Max, Jacob, and Adam sharing a sucker.









Adam and Max were both fascinated with the ribbons on the presents.


Hailey layed her doll, Cassie, down by Jack and gave them each a toy.



Max is supposed to be in the "naughty spot" (time out) here. Looks like he's having to much fun. Adam snuck over and sat down by him. Then they started sitting on the register and were both giggling. I had to grab my camera before resetting the timer and putting Max back in the "naughty spot".
The Next Day.

Max worshipping in church. He loves to "pwaise Jesus" and sing.

Wearing her birthday hat she got from Sunday school.

Vikki brought Hailey her birthday present.


She loved all the clothes for her doll.
Watching Kenzie play her game.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of adorable pictures. I sure have cute and precious grandkids.

Anonymous said...

I love the video of Max sharing his sucker with Jacob and Adam.

Anonymous said...

That video of Max sharing his sucker is so funny, its funny how Adam tries to get a lick up until its in Max's mouth. lol They shared it like it was a big huge sucker. lol too funny!

Anonymous said...

I love the one of Max worshiping. Its so cute how he copies Nana. What a good boy!!!

Im glad Hailey loves her baby clothes.

Melissa said...

And they were sharing it for a long time before I even started videoing. By the time I got my camera out, they were already down to the tootsie roll. I love how they just share it without even saying a word.