Sunday, December 21, 2008


Decorating Christmas cookies.




Max licking all the sprinkles off his plate.


Licking the frosting bowl.

Hailey, the little mommy, washing her brother's face. I didn't ask her to, she just saw that his face was dirty from the frosting and got a washcloth.




The kids had fun running around in thier animal bath towels after their bath tonight.



This morning I got out the wrapping paper and let the kids wrap their gifts that they got for all the grandparents. They did it all on their own without any help from me, other than ripping off pieces of tape for them. Max even did a great job. I was impressed. He must pay close attention when I wrap gifts because he even folded the corners in before taping the ends. He did a very neat job, almost perfect. He was very serious the whole time too. Hailey and Max especially loved picking out the paper and the name tags. After they were finished they ran and put the gifts under the tree. Jack was very fussy today and has a rash all over his chest, back, and face. He cried for 20 minutes straight a couple times and has a hard time sleeping. Hailey has been very helpful all day. I layed Jack in his crib to take a nap and he started to cry. I left the room for a few minutes to see if he would calm down and go to sleep. I started a load of laundry and then noticed he did stop crying. Then I noticed his door was wide open. Hailey was leaning over the side of the crib petting his head and singing to him. She saw me peeking in and came out to tell me "He was crying so I had to go in." A couple minutes later, Hailey smiled big and then said "Mommy, you keep forgetting to give us a bean when we be nice." She helped me so much today, especially with Jack and Max. She also surprised me while I was getting Max in bed and had cleaned the living room and her bedroom. She came to tell me that she had a surprise for me and I was going to love it. When Max woke up from his nap, he ran to the bathroom to put some underwear on. He put them on wrong with his feet in the same hole. He was trying to pull them up but couldn't, so Hailey said "Here I'll help you Max." Then she told him he had his feet in wrong and held them up showing him how they should go. He tried again, this time putting them on backwards. Hailey sighed and said "It faced the wrong way." This evening, we decorated Christmas cookies. Max would put some sprinkles on and then say "I make it, so now I can put dis on." Then he would sprinkle the colored sugar on which was his favorite part. He did very good. He just had a hard time not eating the decorations. I think he ate as many as he put on the cookies. Hailey loved making the cookies but doesn't like to eat them with decorations on. She just likes frosting on hers and that's it. She was so happy when daddy made a special one for her decorated with a bunch of different colored frosting making it look pretty. I love feeding Jack his cereal, even though it can get quite messy. He "talks" so much while he's eating. It's so funny. As soon as he gets a bite, he starts talking. Because he talks while the spoon is still in his mouth, I usually get pretty messy as I get splattered with cereal. It is so cute cause he talks so loud, much louder when he's eating than when he's not. While tucking Max in bed he said "Is Champ up heaben (heaven)?( a question he often asks) Then he said "Did Jesus make him all better. Now he can run with Jesus. When I go up heaben I can run and chase Champ. Dat is his faborite game. I want to go to heaben and run with Jesus and Champ. Dat will be fun" He was talking and asking many good questions. He sounded so much older the way he was talking. It was really cute.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture of Hailey wiping Max's face is sweet. And I love the one of all three of them in their towels. That last one of Jack looks like he's smiling in his sleep. Hailey helping Max with his underware is funny. I love what Max said about Champ in heaven.

Anonymous said...

Precious pictures of the kiddos. They are all so sweet. I love what Max said about Champ in heaven too. Love ya