Wednesday, December 10, 2008


Max "riding" his Lightning McQueen balloon around the house.

Then he'd fall off and "crash".


Bruce had jury duty today. He dropped Hailey off at school on his way. Max and Jack both slept in until 9:30. I woke up at 9:00 and enjoyed a cup of coffee while the house was still quiet. When Max woke up, I heard him singing in his room. He stayed in there singing for another 15 minutes before coming out. When he walked out and saw me, he excitedly asked "Is it wake up time?". He wanted to play with all his cars, trucks, and tractors that he got for his birthday and ran to get them. He played while I sat on the couch and fed Jack. Jack was very distracted and kept turning his head every time he heard Max make car sounds. He wouldn't even finish eating. Max crawled up on the couch by me and asked to hold Jack. He rubbed his head and gave him kisses as he held him. Jack was really smiling at him alot and it made Max so happy. Max asked for "hotmeal (oatmeal)" for breakfast. While he was eating it, he kept saying "Are I gettin all deerdee (dirty) on my face?" When I answered no, he smiled and said "I not?" He was being very careful not to make a mess. He would bring the spoon so slowly to his mouth. He was so proud of himself for sitting at the table like a big boy and keeping his face so clean. When he was done eating, he got his Lightning McQueen balloon and sat on it. He "rode" it around the living room and then would fall off and "crash". Then he asked me to be Mator and pull him out. We had fun playing that for awhile before we had to leave to go pick up Hailey. When I went to put Jack and Max in the van, the doors were frozen shut. I could only get my driver side door open. So I had to crawl through with the carseat, which was a tight squeeze and very heavy with him in it, but I managed. Then I had to crawl back and buckle Max in. The doors were still frozen when we got to the school so I crawled back and took Jack out of his carseat and carried him in. I couldn't believe it but we were a little early and had to wait in the hall. I thought for sure we would be late after all that and scraping the windows before we left. Hailey was excited to show me all the stuff in her book bag when we got home. They have a small pool filled with old Christmas cards for the kids to cut up. I think that is one of her favorite things to do because she's always excited to show me the pictures she had cut out of the cards. She had cut out a bunch of baby Jesus pictures and told me they were her favorite ones. Then while I was feeding Jack, Hailey and Max crawled up by me. We all sang "We Wish you a Merry Christmas" together. Jack kept looking up smiling at us as we sang it. Then we sang it changing our voices pretending to be old ladies, men, babies, cats, and dogs. The kids thought that was so funny. Jack thought it was funny too and was smiling and laughing at us. Bruce got home early around lunch time. He took Max with him to get an oil change on the car. While they were gone, I helped Hailey do her take home project for school. We wrote her name with glue on a card provided by her teacher. Then Hailey picked some things to stick on each letter in her name. She picked some colored cereal, colored sugar, different little candies, and glitter. It turned out really nice. They will be using them for some Christmas decorations at school. I thought Max would enjoy doing it too, so when he woke up, I wrote his name in glue on a piece of paper and let him stick the colored sugar on it. Then we put glue around the edges of the paper and he sprinkled the colored sugar on that too. He loved seeing his name when he was done. Hailey was trying to get Jack to laugh. She would do a little scream and he would crack up laughing at her. Whenever she would stop for more than a few seconds, he would scream to get her to do it again. Then he started copying her every time she screamed. It was so funny. When Daddy and Max got home, Max ran into the house all excited to show me his "car book" (a car magazine). He told me all about them "fixing all da cars". And sat on the couch with me to "read" his new book. He loved that it had a yellow car on the front. I layed Jack on Hailey's bed by her while we were reading books tonight. She gave him a kiss and said "Mommy, I love my two brothers."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how Max says, "Is it wake up time?" when he wakes up. Glad you made it to school on time even with frozen doors.

Anonymous said...

such a cute picture of Jack in his crib. Love mom