Sunday, December 21, 2008

December 19, 2008




"Look it, I can see you in dere."


Sitting in their "chairs".


It was snowing alot when we woke up this morning. The kids ran to the window to watch the snow falling. Max also loved looking out Hailey's bedroom window so he could see the snow in the driveway. He kept saying "Mommy, da ban (van) wheel is stuck!" Many many times throughout the day, he would run to the window to check the "ban wheels". Then he would run to come get me telling me to come look. Then he'd tell me "I wike wookin (looking) at the stuck wheel" or "Daddy gotta get a toetruck and pull it out." He was fascinated with them being buried in the snow. Hailey wasn't very happy when I told her that school was cancelled today. She was really looking forward to me going with her. Today was supposed to be her Christmas party at school and the kids were going to sing some song for us parents. We were both happy when the principal called and said that they were going to make it up and have the party after Christmas break. This morning, we made paper chains counting down the days left until Christmas. We were a little late doing them this year but the kids had fun doing them anyway even though they weren't very long. I tried taking the kids outside to play in the snow but Max cried the whole time. It was up to my knees, so it was impossible for him to walk in it. I even shoveled a path for him to walk in but he still cried saying "I want to walk in the snow but I can't." He wasn't happy just riding around in the sled either. All he wanted to do was walk in the snow and he was frustrated that he couldn't. After about 10 minutes, we gave up and decided to go back inside. Max said "Ya, so we don't get baweed (buried)". In some spots it was up to his chest so that's how he must have felt. By the time Bruce got home from work, we had gotten about 12 inches of snow and then some more again later. Hailey asked to type so I got her set up on Microsoft Works while we got dinner ready. She loves to type and she is getting good at finding the letters on the keyboard. She loves picking the color and size of her letters too. She knows how to do this herself now and changes them many times while she's typing. After we ate dinner, Bruce went outside to shovel. Hailey said "Maybe we can help daddy shovel" and ran to get her snowsuit on. Max followed her to get his snowsuit on too and said "Wah, because den we can go it it and not get baweed (buried). The kids were really excited to get to go outside while it was dark out. But as soon as Max stepped out the door into the snow, he started crying. He screamed and cried for the first five minutes until Bruce got a bigger area of the back porch shoveled. He was much happier when he could walk around on the porch without getting his feet stuck. The kids had fun playing in the big snow pile. They sat in the side of it and made "chairs". When they came inside, I made them some hot chocolate before getting them ready for bed.

2 comments:

Vikki's Blog said...

wow...you keep this two blog thing up and you will be caught up in no time. I ♥ you!

Melissa said...

Yah, I know. I'm trying. I think I put three on last night. ♥ U 2!