Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Bruce not cooperating for the picture. I told him I was going to put the pictures on anyway.

That's better.
Not cooporating again. He's pretending to sleep. Had to remind him that I was putting them on the blog anyway.

See what I have to deal with every time I try to take a picture of Bruce. He gives me such a hard time. It takes twice as long to get a good picture.


Awe.



Max eating his "big one donut".
Breaking it up to make "tons of candies".






The kids slept in until 8:30. We had just woke up when Bruce got home from work. He is on midnights again this week. I quick got the kids dressed and in their snowsuits so they could go outside with daddy while he shoveled. After getting a load of laundry started, I got Jack in his snowsuit and we joined them outside. I pulled Jack in his little sled and Bruce pulled Hailey and Max in the big sled. We decided to go for a walk down the road pulling them in their sleds. They sure liked that. Then we went inside for some hot chocolate. Bruce went to bed shortly after we came in. It wasn't hard keeping the kids quiet cause they were both so busy playing with their new toys. Max sat and played with all his cars and tractors. And Hailey played with her Barbi's and Polly pockets. It sure was quiet in the house. After lunch, I put Jack and Max down for their naps. They did really well sleeping together in the same room. I wasn't sure how well Max would go to sleep and was afraid he would get up and try to crawl in with Jack or something. I had the monitor on so I could hear if he did. He fell asleep pretty quickly and they both slept for a couple hours. Bruce woke up around dinner time. We had to go to Meijers for a couple things so we got a box of donuts while we were there. Max was so excited to get a "big" donut (usually we get the kids a couple donut holes). We also stopped and got a mocha and then drove around to look at Christmas lights. Every time we passed a house with lights, Max would say "Wow, dats fwitty (pretty)". When we got home, we ate our donuts. Max pointed to the one with sprinkles and said "I want dat one. I want a big one donut." He ate all the sprinkles off the top first. Then he broke it up into small pieces and said "Wook it. I makin tons of candies." While I was tucking Max in bed tonight, he prayed "Thank you for race cars and snow and my bed and my bwanky (blankie). Then he said "Cuase dose are my pabewit (fovorite) things."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jared likes to play the same game when I'm taking his picture. I love that last picture of Hailey and Jack. I love Max's prayer - how sweet.

Melissa said...

Yeah, I think it's easier to take pictures of all of our kids together than it is to get pictures of our husbands. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree! :O)

Anonymous said...

Sweet prayer that Max said. Kids prayers are so precious. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Sweet prayer that Max said. Kids prayers are so precious. Love ya!