Saturday, December 6, 2008













Bruce got up with the kids and let me sleep in. I woke up around 9:00. After eating breakfast, Bruce and I worked on hanging all the things on the wall in the kids bedrooms. We had some pictures, wall hangings, and shelves that we had taken down when Bruce added the third bedroom. They've been sitting in a box ever since and we never got to putting them back up. The kids were both so happy when they saw all the new things hanging on their walls. Then we set Jack's crib up in Max's room. While we were doing that, I had Max lay down in our bedroom for a nap. Max was still wide awake talking when we were done, so I moved him back to his room. When he walked in and saw the crib set up, he said "Wow, wook it my woom. Dat's my bed. And dats my bed too." I think he still remembered sleeping in the crib. I guess it hasn't really been that long since he moved to his big boy bed. I told him that Jack was going to sleep in that bed, and he said "Cause he a baby... And I big now?" I turned the baby monitor on so I could hear if he got out of bed. I figured he would since the toy box was moved to a different spot (more out in the open) and the basket of stuffed animals was right next to his bed. I just knew he would get up and start playing. And sure enough he did. I heard him playing on the monitor and when I went in he was getting toys out of the toy box. As I opened the door, he said "wow, wook at dis! I wike dat!" It was like they were toys he had never seen before just because they were moved to a different spot. Some of them he hadn't played with in a while. I got him back in bed and told him to stay. He fell asleep pretty quickly after that. While Max was taking his nap, daddy showed Hailey some videos on the computer of people playing different musical instruments. She really enjoyed listening to them all. Max only got about a 45 minute nap. I woke him up when Bruce's parents called and said they were coming. I wanted him to be awake for at least a few minutes before they got here so he would be grumpy for them. Alot of times lately when I wake him up, he's grumpy for a short while. After he was done crying from me waking him, he was very excited to see the room again. He just kept pointing at the crib and all the things hanging on the wall saying "Wook at dat!" About 15 minutes after he woke up, Grandma Brenda, Papa Dan, Jessie and her friend, Molly, got here. Jack was very fussy and cried whenever they held him. I fed him and he was happy with Grandma for a short while and then fussed again. Jessie held him for a little while too but he still was acting really fussy. He just wanted me to hold him. Max had fun playing cars with Papa Dan and Hailey was showing off dancing for everyone and acting goofy. After visiting for a little while, we all went out for dinner. Max sat by Jessie and she was such a big help with him. She fed him some bites of soup and cleaned him off when he got dirty. He was so hungry and ate a ton. Hailey sat by Molly and they were both giggling. After dinner, we went back to the hotel with them and went swimming. The kids were so excited about getting to swim. Max liked the water for the first 10 minutes but then got scared when he saw the filters. He kept saying "I scared. I don't want to go in da hole." He was really holding on to us tight and wanted to get out. Jack also went swimming for the first time. He really liked it. We only kept him in for a little bit thought becasue the water was a little cold. Hailey did really good in the pool. As long as she had her life jacket and the ring on she even let us let go of her for a few seconds at a time. She was so proud of herself and kept telling us to let go of her and then would hang right back on after a few seconds. She had so much fun in the water. Max and Jack were so cute cuddling in their towels on Grandma Brenda's lap. Max was so tired and looked like he was almost falling asleep. We went back up to the room with them. Max and Hailey crawled right up on the bed and both looked so tired. Grandma Brenda told them she would look for some cartoons on TV for them to watch. Max said "Cars toons?" He doens't know what cartoons are so he thought she ment watch something with cars. Papa Dan took them to go get a snack out of the vending machines. We didn't leave the hotel until 11:00. Of course Max still didn't fall asleep on the way home. He was too excited about seeing all the Christmas lights. Everytime we passed a house with Christmas lights, he would say "Ooh fwitty (pretty)." After telling the kids that it was very late and they had to get right to bed when we got home, Hailey kept asking if it was the middle of the night.

3 comments:

Vikki's Blog said...

Woa is that really little Jesse! Shes not so little anymore, I remember her when she was just a little baby. :o( these kiddos grow up too fast now-a-days!!!

Melissa said...

I know. They sure do grow up too fast.

Anonymous said...

Jessie sure has grown up. I'm glad you put the pictures on.
On the day above, I had never noticed that Bruce looked like his dad until I saw those pictures. I could really see a resemblence between him and Bruce.