Tuesday, April 21, 2009

This is Abby's favorite spot, by Jack's feet on the exercauser. She sits and lays here all the time.

Planting their flower seeds.


"It didn't grow bery good." I guess he had expected the flower to start growing right away.

Hailey is plugging Jack's ears cause daddy got out the vacuum. This is what Hailey does now every time she sees us get out the vacuum. She runs over to Jack and plugs his ears so he doesn't cry. And he happily sits there and lets her until we are done vacuuming.



Eating M&M's at Grandpa's.

I had therapy this morning so my mom came over to watch the kids. After we got home, we ate lunch and then headed over to grandpa's. We took Abby with us too. She is such a good car rider. She falls asleep as soon as we start driving. When we got there, we went in the house but didn't see grandpa. We looked out the window and saw him way out back by the garden even though it was raining. Being 90 sure doesn't stop him. He is doing so good. Bruce helped him get the tiller on the tractor. Grandpa was happy to see that we brought the puppy. Abby curled right up by him in the chair and fell asleep. As soon as I put Jack down he started crawling all around the house exploring every room. He would crawl from the living room to the dining room and then to the kitchen and then back again. He did this a few times around and then noticed the toys and started playing. Every once in a while he would look over at grandpa and give him a big smile. Max had fun piling all the couch pillows on grandpa's lap to "hide him". Then he laughed saying "grandpa can't see anything". Jack started getting tired and fussy. Daddy was holding him and when I walked into the other room, he started crying. Then when I came back in, he looked up at me whining and said "mama" while reaching out for me. Up until now, he's just been saying "ma-ma-ma-ma" while babbling. But I could tell this time he really knew what he was saying. Hailey and Max asked grandpa for M&Ms. I gave them each a little dish with some in it. They compared how many of each color they had in their dishes as they ate them. We didn't get home until 3:00, so right away I put Max and Jack down for a late nap. Hailey was grumpy again so I had her lay down for a rest. She didn't' fall asleep but she sure was in a much better mood when she got up. After the timer beeped, she got out the hair things to play with. She found two pony tail holders and asked which one I liked best, the sparkly one or the plain one. I told her I liked the sparkly one. Then she said "That's my favorite too. This one is just plain, but the sparkly one is special for like church or dance class or school or dates." The way she said dates was so funny. She kind of wiggled her shoulders while saying it. Earlier today, daddy was telling her that the babysitter was coming over on Saturday and when she asked why he told her that mommy and daddy were going on a date. She asked why we always go on dates so he explained that we go on dates because we love each other and want to spend special time together. When Max woke up, the kids planted their flower seeds in their little pots. After Max planted his, I asked him if he planted his flowers. He looked really close at it and said "I don't know. It didn't grow bery good." He didn't get why he couldn't see the flower right away.

1 comment:

Kimmy said...

Love how Hailey covers Jack's ears while the vaccuum is going.