Monday, April 27, 2009



Max and Jack both woke up early this morning, before the alarm went off to take Hailey to school. I felt rushed this morning with all three kids awake while we were getting ready. Usually I don't wake the boys until about 10 minutes before we have to leave. I wait until we get back to feed them breakfast, so I just quick get them dressed and go. Jack wanted to eat when he woke up so I had to feed him. By the time I got done feeding him, we only had about 20 minutes to get all of us ready. It just goes so much slower getting Hailey and Max ready together. They talk while eating breakfast so that takes alot longer. I was glad that Bruce had already fed the puppy before he left for work. That was a big help. (The puppy still likes her food softened and warmed.) While I was buckling Max in his carseat, he said "You look pretty, mommy." I wondered why he kept staring at me ever since I got dressed this morning. I had put my hair in a pony tail which I hadn't done since I got my hair cut. I guess he likes my hair up. He is so sweet. I felt like we were running late but we got to school about 5 minutes early. Hailey had a substitute teacher today. The teacher introduced herself to Hailey when we got there but Hailey was acting really shy and didn't talk to her. I wasn't sure if she was just tired or if it was cause it was somebody new. By the time I picked her up though she was talking to her, and she told me all about her on the way home. It sounded like she had a fun day. We stayed outside and played for awhile when we got home. The yard was very wet so the kids couldn't swing. Hailey and Max picked all the dandylions in the yard. They were excited to give them to me. Max said "I picked dese for you for your dareday (birthday)." Hailey slipped and fell in the water and got all muddy. I got the bikes out for the kids to ride on. I walked the puppy on the leash. She actually walked with me a little bit. She did much better today and it didn't seem to bug her so much. Jack kept leaning over cause he wanted down to crawl in the grass. It was too wet though so I coulnd't put him down. We stayed outside until lunchtime. After lunch, we read some books before putting the boys down for their nap. While I was reading Jack his Touch and Feel books, he saw the puppy and said "Pa-pee" He loves to feel the soft animals. His favorite is the puppy and kitty. I told him what a kitty says and then he copied me making a very high pitch sound. He did it every time we turned back to that page after that. He also likes when I ask him where his nose is. He breaths really loud through his nose whenever I ask him and then grabs my nose cause he wants me to do it too, which always gets him laughing. Hailey rested on the couch for an hour. Then we watched Clifford. Bruce called from work and said he had to stay late. He didn't get home until 6:45. He picked up a pizza on the way home for dinner. Jack sure loves pushing his car on the hard floor. He gives it a push and then chases it. It's funny cause he crawls as fast as he can to go get it. While he was playing on the living room floor, he looked up and noticed the ceiling fan was on. It really scared him and he started crying really hard. I picked him up and he held onto me very tight as he kept looking up at it. He wouldn't let me put him back down in the living room. I had to put him in his bedroom to play in there instead. Max said "Daddy worked for a weally long time today." I was suprised he had noticed that daddy worked longer today since I didn't say anything to him about it. After we ate dinner, we headed over to Meijer for diapers and milk. Max again told me I looked pretty. Then he said "You look pretty too, Haywee." As we were walking through Meijer, Max said he had to go pee really bad. I said I'd take him but was still heading in the wrong direction. He said "The bathroom's not this way. It's that way. Silly mommy." I turned around and he showed me exactly how to get there. We were all the way on the other sdie of the store. He laughed as I acted like I was going to turn the wrong way a couple times. He said "No, mommy dat's da wong way. You are silly." When we got home, Jack cried as soon as I put him down on the floor in the living room. He looked up right away remembering the fan. (I had forgotton all about this, but he was scared of the fan last year when he was only a couple months old. We haven't turned it on since then.) He was fine though once we turned it off. While he's crying, he talks like he's complaining and telling us all about it. (Just like Hailey did when she was a baby.) Hailey said "That's cute when he cries like that." We didn't get the kids in bed until 9:00.

1 comment:

Kimmy said...

I love the first picture of Max. I'm glad you made it to school on time. Thats cute that Max likes your hair up.