Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Jack climbed up with one knee on the step to reach the beads. Then he pulled himself up to stand while playing with the beads.



Getting a quick bath in the sink.


Max always wants to cuddle with Abby in his bed for a few minutes at naptime and bedtime. He cuddles with her while I tuck him in.

Hailey's first time going to a movie theater.


Bruce took Hailey to school this morning while I took Jack to his nine month well visit. Daddy also took Max with him and they stopped at the cookie store and then ran some errands after dropping Hailey off. Jack's appointment went well. He smiled right away at the nurse when I layed him on the table and he was happy as long as she didn't touch him. When she went to measure him he started to cry. He stopped and smiled again as soon as she was done with that. Then she went to measure his head and he started crying again. It was funny cause he'd be back to smiling as soon as she was done with each different thing. He weighed 16 lbs 15 oz and he was 27 inches for height. It was nap time so he was very cuddly while we waited for the PA to come in. I mentioned that he has been pulling and hitting at his one ear alot and had been sick recently. She checked his ears and said he did have an ear infection. She also checked a couple rashes that he has and said that they were two different types, one a yeast infection and the other eczema. So she sent us home with three different prescriptions, two creams and an antibiotic. He didn't have to have any shots today though so that was good. He was very happy while the PA was talking to me after she was done checking him. He was talking very loudly and also was showing off his clapping and raising his arms for "So Big". She said that he was down to the third percentile for weight but thought that it was probably because he had been sick. Before that he had always been between the fifteenth and the twenty fifth percentile. But he wasn't eating very well that whole two weeks he was sick. She said she wants to see him back in three weeks to check his ear and also a weight check to make sure he's gaining back his weight. When we got home, we ate lunch and then my mom came over to watch the boys while we took Hailey to the movie theater for the first time. She sure was excited to get to go do something alone with us. On the way there, she was saying "But only I can go there cause I'm five. Not Max and Jack cause they don't know how to be quiet for a long time. Jack might cry and Max might scream, right?" She kept smiling up at me while we waited in line. I could tell she was excited. We got popcorn and drinks. She was so happy to get a lemonade. She thought the movie screen was "the biggest TV" she's ever seen. Her mouth dropped open when we walked in and she saw it. She said "That's big as our house!" We sat down and she had a little bit of a hard time sitting in the seats cause her legs weren't heavy enough to hold the seat down. I helped her by resting my hand on her leg. I remember those chairs when I was little. It always scared me when they would fold up while I was sitting in them. She was very excited when the movie started. She just kept looking over at me with a big smile on her face. We went to see "Earth", the Disney movie. It was good except there was a few parts that were a little scary for her. She asked to go to the bathroom a few times. Then we realized she was asking because she was getting scared so I asked her if she wanted to sit on my lap. She climbed up and I covered her eyes for a couple parts. Then it started getting to some funny parts. She giggled during the part of the monkeys dancing. She sure thought that was funny. She got down after that and wanted to sit back in her chair. She sat in the chair for the rest of the show. As we walked back to the car we each held her hand and swung her high into the air. I think she enjoyed having us all to herself. When we got back, Nana was feeding Jack his bottle and Max was taking his nap. When Max woke up, Hailey told him about the big movie. He said "But why didn't I get to go and Haywee did?" Hailey said "Cause I'm bigger than you." He said "But when I get five den I can go." We had to go to Meijer to pick up Jack's prescription, and then we went to Apple Bees for dinner. Jack was sure smiling at all the waitresses. He had them all coming up and talking to him. I gave him some bites of Hailey's mashed potatoes and he kept making funny faces every time he took a bite. He did the same thing last time I fed him mashed potatoes. I think he doesn't like the texture cause so far he's liked every kind of baby food, both fruits and veggies. The faces he makes are sure funny. Daddy took the kids outside to play when we got home until it was time to get ready for bed.

1 comment:

Kimmy said...

Wow, Hailey's first movies. Seems like so many kids movies have scary parts in them. We even watched Winnie the Pooh movie and it was too scary for Jacob. Funny that she said the movie screen was as big as your house.