Sunday, April 26, 2009

Saturday, April 25, 2009


I had dressed the boys in their matching shirts today.

Then we noticed that Adam and Jack were wearing the same exact shorts. So we took Max's shirt off and put it on Adam to take some pictures of them together.







I got up very early, 5:30 am, so I could pack and get ready to go to some garage sales. Jack must have heard me and woke up at 5:45. I fed him and he was still wide awake, so I decided to get him dressed and ready before the other two woke up. I then rocked him for a few minutes and tried laying him back down but he just didn't want to go back to sleep. After a few minutes of him playing in his crib and then fussing, I got him out and he played while I finished getting ready. I woke Hailey and Max up at 6:30 and got them ready. Bruce woke up at 6:30 too to get ready for work. Daddy and the kids sang to me and gave me my birthday card, flowers, and gifts. We got to my mom's house at 8:45. The kids were still awake when we got there but I could tell Hailey was really tired. She had a hard time falling asleep last night cause she was too excited to go play with Jacob and Adam. Kimmy and her family and Vikki and Kenzie showed up shortly after we did. I carried Jack in his carseat and as soon as I put it down, all the kids came over to see him. They all held onto the handle and rocked him gently in the carseat. Jared and my dad stayed with the kids while us girls went to all the garage sales. We took Jack with us. Aunt Vikki and Uncle Terry met us there and joined us. It was warm but very windy today. Stuff was blowing off the tables. I felt bad for one lady cause her shelf got blown over and all her CD's that she was selling broke. Bruce called to warn us that it's going to rain. Soon after I got off the phone with him it started pouring. We quickly ran to the next garage sale for shelter. As the rain hit his face, Jack started cracking up laughing. I was surprised cause I was expecting him to start crying but instead he laughed. He thought it was so funny. He actually stopped laughing when Kimmy and I held a blanket over so the rain wouldn't hit him. (Then I remembered he did the same thing when we were in Chicago and it started pouring.) We stayed and shopped at that garage sale, until the rain stopped which didn't last very long. It was a good one to get stuck at cause they had some girl stuff in Hailey's size and it was all inside the garage where we could stay dry. We then went to a few more sales before heading back to the van to eat a packed lunch. My mom made chicken salad sandwiches for us all and also brought Pringles and drinks. After we finished eating, we drove to a different neighborhood for more garage sales. At one of the garage sales, they were selling candy bars. (I noticed Kenzie was paying for something while I was still shopping.) When we were done at that one and were on our way to the next one, Kenze came running up to walk beside me. As she was walking and talking to me, she pulled a Snickers bar out of her purse and gave it to me saying "Happy Birthday". It was so sweet of her. She said "I got Snickers cause I know it's you're favorite." We headed back to mom's house around 2:30. We sure had a fun time shopping together. We found some really nice things and got some great deals. And Jack was so good the entire time we shopped. When we got back to mom's, Max and Adam were taking their naps. Hailey and Jacob were watching a Bob the Builder video. Kimmy, mom, and I all brought our bags in and had fun looking through all the clothes we had bought today. Hailey loved seeing all the clothes I got for her. She held each one up to her "to see if it would fit". She then put all her favorites in a pile, which was most of them. She also asked if she could see the ones I got for Max and Jack. As she pulled each one out of the bag, she say things like "Oh that's cute... This one will look so cute on him... He will look so adorable in this..." Kimmy brought in some of the toys she had bought and Hailey and Jacob had fun playing with them. We stayed until about 4:30. When I got home, I had to quick get ready. I also had to write a few instructions down for the babysitter since it was the first time we were leaving Jack with someone other than family. Billy and her sister, Katlyn, showed up at about 5:00. Hailey and Max were excited to have them come watch them. Bruce and I went out for dinner (he stopped and got me a mocha on the way) and then afterwards we walked through the gift shop and bakery. We got some cookies and brownies to take home. The kids were all in bed by the time we got home. Hailey was still awake though and heard us walk in. I went in to give her a kiss goodnight. We visited with Billy and Katlyn for a little while before they left for home. Hailey was still awake after they left and called me back in asking to do "what do today". She was excited to tell me some of the things they played and she also wanted to tell me that she got to watch two movies today, one at Nana's house and one tonight. She then said "That's too much TV! But that's OK cause it was a special, right?"

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

What a fun day! That was so sweet of Kenzie to buy you a snickers.

mom s said...

I enjoyed that day too. Nice that the guys watched the kiddos.
Of course they are all so sweet, loveable and good its a pretty fun job. I love the pictures of Adam and Jack in the same shirts. They look so cute. I sure am blessed with beautiful grandchildren. I love them all so much!!!!