Friday, April 3, 2009




Pele playing with Jack.



Sebastian showing me some "tricks".



Wrestling with Uncle Bruce.




It rained alot last night. We had alot of water in our back yard and also in our driveway. I had to move Abby's pen over on the side of the house where there was less water. Abby still didn't like getting her feet wet though and started crying as soon as I put her out. Max said "Why do we don't hab a doggy who says wuff wuff?" (She hasn't really barked yet. She only howls and whimpers, and can get very loud.) When it was time to take Hailey to school, Max ran ahead of me to go to the van and stepped right into the water in the driveway, which completely covered his shoes. After taking a step, he stopped and started whining cause his shoes were all wet. I carried him the rest of the way. As I got them to the van, I dropped Jack's blankie. I managed to catch it between the van and my knee so only a corner got wet. I felt the water seeping into my shoes as I buckled the boys in their carseats. There was water all around the van. After getting them all buckled in, I went back to carry Hailey across all the water. My shoes, socks, and pant legs were soaked. When the boys and I got back home, Grandam Debbie called. Max was very excited when I got off the phone and told him that Grandma and Grandpa were coming and they were bringing Pele and Sebastian too. I had forgotten that Hailey's preschool class was getting out a half an hour late today cause they were watching the older kids practice for the school play. I didn't realize it until we got there and nobody was in her classroom. We walked down to the gym to see if they were there. Hailey was sitting up front with her class watching the play. I sat just outside the doorway with the boys and we watched the rest of the play. Max really liked watching when the kids started singing. He sat nice and quietly the whole time. When we got back to the van, I told Hailey that Grandma Debbie, Papa Ron, Pele, and Sebastian were coming. She was very excited too and couldn't wait to show them our new puppy. They came shortly after Bruce got home from work. The kids were very excited to see each other. They all took turns holding the puppy. At snack time, Hailey and Max asked for "daddy cheese" (Feta cheese- they call it that because daddy loves it but I don't like it.) Hailey asked Sebastian and Pele if they wanted "daddy cheese". I gave them each a piece along with some crackers. Pele liked the feta cheese but Sebastian wasn't eating his. Pele said "Don't you like daddy cheese?" Hailey had dance class this evening. Grandma and Pele decided to go with us while Bruce stayed home with the boys. (Ron had a hockey game to go to.) The shades were open this week so we could watch Hailey's dance class. Pele really liked watching Hailey dance. She wanted me to hold her the whole time so she could see through the window. When we got home, we watched some of America's Funniest Home Videos. Then it was time to get the kids ready for bed. We read a couple books and then tucked them in. Sebastian slept on the floor in Max's room and Pele slept on the floor in Hailey's room. The boys fell asleep very quickly. But Hailey and Pele kept talking and giggling. They came out after a while saying they were really hungry. We let them have some cheese. While they were sitting at the table eating, Grandma asked Pele if she knew what time it was cause it was way past her bedtime. Pele said " But I don't even know where the clock is." It took them awhile but they eventually fell asleep after lots more talking and giggling.

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

Nice that Hailey's dance curtains were open when Grandma and Pele came to see.

mom s said...

Nice to see pictures of Pele and Sebastian. Sebastian's eyes and nose remind me of Max a little.