Tuesday, April 28, 2009










Max and Jack both woke up at 8:30. We sat on the couch and watched the Mighty Machines DVD. Max sure loves the race car one. He likes watching them change the tires. Hailey didn't wake up until almost 10:00. She was up an hour past her bedtime last night and then had a hard time falling alseep. We played restaurant with the play food. I set up the kids little folding table. We all took turns being the waitress/waiter. Hailey got out a pen and pad of paper to take our orders. Max also enjoyed using the notepad when it was his turn. He copied every thing he saw Hailey do. Hailey thought it was funny when I brought my little girl (one of her dolls) to her restaurant and pretended to have her spill her milk. She pretended to clean it up. Then I had the baby throw her plate on the floor. She said "I guess she's not very hungry. We better take her food away." Max said "Dat's a big mess. We better clean it up." They pretended to wipe up the spilled milk off the table and the floor. After pretending to go home and then coming back to the restaurant again, Hailey gave Max and my little girl a happy meal with a toy. This made Max so happy and he was really excited to open it to see what toy he got. (She used the orange peel to hide it in). He opened it and said "Oh, it's a ball! I weally wike it." When daddy got home from work, he had the kids help him decorate my birthday cake. They told me not to come in the kitchen cause it was a surprise. Hailey said "You cant' know what we're doing." Hailey and Max sure were excited about it. When they were done, Max said "Mommy, we made a cake for you, for your dareday!" Hailey said "Shhh don't tell her." We ate dinner and then the kids had me go out of the room again while they lit the candles. They surprised me and put tons of candles on it (I counted and they had put 24 on, the whole pack). They had big smiles on their faces when they showed me. Hailey said "We had to put tons of candles on cause your really old. But not as old as a grandma." Max was also excited to show me the "worm" on my cake. He had asked daddy to draw a worm while he was writing Happy Birthday on it. I let Jack try icecream for the first time. He liked it but made a face cause it was so cold. He'd make a face after every bite but then would open his mouth for more. After we finished eating our cake and icecream, we went outside and took a walk around the block. Hailey picked me a bunch fo flowers (dandelions) on the way, every one she saw. When we got back, Hailey and Max ran to go see Nova, who was laying out on the porch. They took turns throwing the ball for her to chase. We visited with Ken and Connie for awhile before heading inside to start bedtime routines. While I got the boys to bed, Hailey and Daddy went and got me a mocha.

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

Love what Hailey said about all your candles.

mom s said...

Jack looks so different from these pictures. Amazing. He sure is a good baby. I sure love him and Hailey and Max...You and Bruce too!