Thursday, April 16, 2009

"Is dis a chocwate cwoss (chocolate)? Dis is a weally big can-nee (candy)!"


Jack loves this magnetic farm toy. He knows right where he has to push to get it to play music and then starts clapping along.


He also loves pulling all the magnet pieces off the frigde.




Max made a long train out of the kid chairs, stools, and ride-on cars. Abby found a comfy spot to lay on one of the chairs and ended up falling alseep there. Max sure laughed when she climbed up there and said "Da puppy is ridin my twain. Dat's funny."









Hailey and Max are doing great today. They started begging for their Easter candy right after breakfast. Max picked his chocolate cross and Hailey picked her bunny. Jack is also doing much better today too. They all slept through the night last night, so I finally got a good night sleep. I only had to wake up once at 5:30 to take the puppy potty. Jack slept until 7:30. And Hailey and Max slept until 8:3o. They woke up just before daddy got home from work. We watched Science Kid and Clifford. Bruce went to bed right away so he could get up and go shopping with us later. It was a beautiful day, After lunch, I took the kids outside to play. Hailey and Max had fun playing in the sandbox and on the swings. Jack enjoyed playing with toys in his stroller. Then I got the bikes out for the kids. I parked the stroller in the middle of the porch and the kids rode their bikes around Jack. He really liked that. While they played I worked with the puppy trying to get her used to the leash. She still doesn't like it. Usually when I put it on her she just sits and won't budge. Only if I stay still long enough will she start moving around just a little bit. But as soon as I move, she stops. I guess I'm not really sure how to leash train a dog. I can't remember what we did with Champ. The kids enjoyed sitting in the grass with the puppy. They took turns calling her to come to them. She sure comes good when she's called, right away. But potty training her is still not going too well. She has alot of accidents. If I remember to take her every half an hour she does good but I get busy and forget. So it's really my fault. Except she also pees when she's mad, like when we lock her behind the gate in the kitchen. I know she does it on purpose cause she does it every time as soon as the gate shuts. I'm not really sure what to do about that either. Other than that, she is a very good dog and has a great personality. She is great with the kids and loves chasing them around the house. She also absolutely loves Jack. She loves to follow him around as he crawls. She likes to bring him her toys to get him to play. It's funny cause he'll pull on the toy and play with her just like we do. And he is surprisingly gentle with her for the most part. He never grabs her hair and usually pets her very gently with his hands wide open. He loves to get kisses from her. He'll open his mouth wide and get his face right up close to her to get them before I get a chance to stop him. YUK! By the time we came back in from playing outside, it was naptime for the boys. Hailey wanted to color while she rested. I started a load of laundry and then sat down to color with her. We colored pictures for each other. My hand started getting tired and Hailey said "Well, why don't you just use your other hand. That's what I do. It's just a little messy with your other hand." She was asking lots of questions like why it's harder with your "wrong hand" and why some people can write with their left hand. When daddy and the boys woke up, we left to go do our grocery shopping. We went to a couple stores and then went to McDonald's for dinner. The kids were excited when we told them we could go in and play cause they filled their bean jar. They had fun playing in the play area and made lots of friends. And every time Hailey would bring them over to introduce them to us. She would tell us their names and how old they were. She was very excited to tell me that one of them was six. I had to take Jack to the bathroom to change him. As soon as I put him on the changing table he started making noises to hear his echo. He used to cry every time I changed him in a public restroom cause he was scared of the toilets flushing and the fans blowing. But last time, while he was crying he noticed that it echoed so he stopped crying and started making noises instead. He must have remembered cause this time he started right away. It's so funny cause he'll make a noise and then pause to hear the echo and then he'll make the noise again. He does this the whole time, but then as we walk out the door and he doesn't hear the echo any more he stops. It is too funny. We had to stop at one more store before heading home. We didn't get home until 8:00 so I started bedtime routines with the kids while Bruce put the groceries away.

1 comment:

Kimmy said...

I love those close up pictures of Jack.