Monday, April 13, 2009

Jack fell asleep during breakfast this morning.


The boys acted like they felt much better while they were taking a bath this morning.. They were having lots of fun playing together and splashing in the tub.



Hailey made a tent for Max. She even made him a a bed for him to lay in with the two kid chairs.

Then she climbed up on the table and said it was "the upstairs".

Jack fell asleep again at dinnertime.




Hailey was feeling much better today. She was back to playing and acting like her normal self. She is still coughing though. Max played a little bit on and off throughout the day but still spent most of the day laying around. He would occasionally say "mama" over and over or would just start crying and wouldn't stop for twenty minutes straight. Jack seemed worse today. He had a fever and was very fussy. He too would just start crying and wouldn't stop for 15 to 20 minutes. I gave the boys a bath this morning and that helped them feel better for at least a little while. But soon Max was back to laying around again. Hailey went up to Max while he was laying on the couch and said "Max, do you want me to make you a tent to lay in?" She made a tent using a big blanket and then put the two kid chairs together to make a bed for him. That made him so happy and he crawled right in to lay down. She was talking to him so sweetly and took such good care of him getting him his blankie and bringing him a drink. After lunch, daddy took Hailey outside to play. Max didn't want to go out. They ended up going on a quick bike ride. When they came back inside, she was excited to tell me that she got to ride in the bike seat on daddy's bike. Jack wasn't very interested in eating much today and ended up falling asleep in his highchair at breakfast and dinner time. Max only ate a couple bites at each meal. Hailey ate a little better but still not much. Abby sure is doing good with training. She sits and comes when she's called. Hailey is doing such a good job working with her. And she is being very responsible making sure she takes her to go potty when she lets her out of the crate. Max likes to cuddle with her on the couch right now while he's sick. Hailey likes to have Abby chase her all around the house. Jack loves the puppy too and says "pup-pee" when he sees her. He also started saying "ba-bee" (baby) today when Hailey showed him one of her dolls. And he said it again while I was reading him a book with pictures of real babies in it. The kids still aren't wanting much Easter candy. Hailey ate a couple M&M's today. Max asked for some too but only ate one and gave the rest back to me. I had all the kids tucked in bed by 8:30, but Jack wouldn't fall asleep. He layed there talking for a half an hour and then started crying. I went in to check on him and he was so stuffed up. I took him out to the living room and used saline drops to clear his nose. It helped for a little while but he soon got really stuffy again. As I fed him, he'd have to stop every few seconds to breath through his mouth. I did the saline drops again before laying him back down. He still just talked for awhile and then cried. I went in to comfort him and he was very stuffy again and acted like he was having a difficult time breathing. I took him to the bathroom and turned on the shower. I noticed his fingers were a little blue. He started doing better as the bathroom steamed up. While I was sitting in there with Jack, Bruce said Max woke up coughing really bad so he brought him in to me. Max seemed to feel much better after a few minutes in the steamy bathroom too. Max kept telling me "You're nice" and Jack was talking and smiling alot. After about 15 minutes in the bathroom, I tucked the boys back in bed. Jack started crying again after just a few minutes. I rocked him and sang to him and he finally ended up falling asleep after fighting for quite awhile. By the time I layed Jack back down in his crib, Max was coughing bad again. I moved him to our bedroom because Jack would startle every time Max coughed. It is now 12:30 and Max is still awake. Bruce is on midnights tonight so I think it's going to be a long night for me.

1 comment:

Kimmy said...

I can't believe Jack fell asleep in his highchair twice in one day. Glad you took pictures - too funny!