Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools!

Max building "daddy's work" again. Here he is showing me "the tubes that carried the dirty water" and explaining how the water travels through them. He'd move his finger along saying "And it goes through here and here and here all da way to daddy's work ober (over) here."


Jack likes to pull toys out of the box.

He also likes to push it along while "walking" on his knees.


Daddy was talking to our neighbor, Ken, through the fence. Ken was standing up on something so he could see over the fence while they were talking. I thought it was funny when he asked to hold Jack and Bruce passed him over.



Jack getting a ride on Nova.

Abby playing with her sock.

Now playing with her little yellow duck.


My mom came over to watch Jack and Max while I went to therapy. Bruce and I dropped Hailey off at school early so we could get to my appointment on time. (This is something she's been asking to do cause many of her friends get to since their moms have to leave early for work.) She was excited to get to play longer with her friends before class started. When we got back, my mom told me that Jack had cried the whole time and then said "April Fools!" She also got us early this morning when she called acting like she thought my appointment was an hour later. Max and I played with blocks while Jack took his morning nap. Max wanted to make "daddy's work" again. He lined up all the round blocks saying they were the "tubes that carried the dirty water". We played until it was time to go get Hailey. As soon as Hailey got home, she told me that it was April today and that it was "a day to tease each other". All day she kept saying things like "Your ears are upside down!" or "Your hair turned blue!" Then she would smile really big and say "April Fools!" She was so funny and sure thought of some silly things. Bruce called from work and told me he had to work over time and would be a couple hours late coming home. I was happily surprised when he walked in the door at 5:00 only fifteen minutes late and said "April Fools!". My dad also got me good today. He called on the phone telling me that he was at Tim Horton's and was coming over to bring us some donuts. He even asked me what kind we wanted. Then five minutes later he called and said "April Fools!". That was so mean cause I was really hungry for those donuts :-) I sure got fooled alot today. And I fell for it everytime. Daddy had stopped at the store on his way home from work and picked up stuff to make taco salad. The kids were so excited as he got the stuff out of the bags and they figured out right away what we were having for dinner. Hailey said "My favorite beans! We're having taco salad!" After dinner, we all went outside to play. The neighbor and Bruce were talking over the fence. I had to laugh when he asked to hold Jack and Bruce passed him over. Ken was standing up on something to see over the fence and was holding Jack while standing on it talking to Bruce. The kids had fun going down the slide. Max said "I gotta get my criffee (Frisbee)." He ran to the garage and got one for him and one for Hailey. Lately, they've been going down the slide on Frisbees. The other day they grabbed the Frisbees out of the garage and started doing that saying it makes them go faster. It sure is funny to watch. They sit with their butt on the Frisbee as they go down the slide and laugh so hard as they go down. We stayed out for a couple hours. When we came in, Hailey and I started teasing each other with more silly April Fools jokes. We also were teasing Max. I said "Max your hair turned yellow." He then felt his head and said "It is?" Then I said "Max there's a skunk in the house." He started looking all around saying "There is?" Every time he would totally believe us and then laugh as we said "April Fools". I didn't really think he got it. The kids said they were cold from playing outside and asked for hot chocolate. While they were sitting at the table drinking their hot chocolate, Max said to me "Mommy, I'm drinking coffee." I pretended to believe him. Then he said "April Crools (Fools)!" He thought it was so funny that he tricked me. Hailey thought it was so funny when she called Grandma Brenda and told her we were coming to her house tomorrow for a April Fools joke. Then she asked to talk to Jessie. She told her that she lost her tooth and that she got a new kitty, each time saying "April Fools" and laughing. Then she said "I got a new dog. That's true." Every time she says something that was real today she has been saying "That's true." I finally got my mom back tonight when I called her and told her that Jack said Nana. It was funny cause she totally believed me and was so excited until I told her "April Fools!"

1 comment:

Kimmy said...

Thats funny that the kids ride down the slide on the Frisbees.