Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!!!















Hailey putting on a puppet show for us.




Opening Easter baskets from Nana.


Mommy and Daddy had fun taking pictures of Jack with his eggs. And Hailey found some bunny ears out of the dress-up box for him to wear.




Then Hailey decided to start posing.





Last night for the Easter Egg Story. Max said "I want to do my special eggs. Can I do dat?"



Daddy reading Jack the Easter story from his Bible.






We had to stay home from church cause the kids were too sick. They were all up coughing alot last night. Max woke up at 6:00 and asked to go lay on the couch. I went out on the couch and layed with him. He kept saying "mommy" over and over until 8:00. It's like he wants to tell me how bad he feels but doesn't know the words to describe it. I can tell he feels horrible. Poor little guy. He finally fell back asleep at around 8:30. W also couldn't go to my parents house for Easter dinner and the Easter egg hunt. Hailey was very disappointed but was a little happier when I told her that they were going to wait and do the egg hunt another day when we were all feeling better. Jack woke up at about 9:00. He woke up crying, a very quiet, sad cry. He didn't even stop crying when I picked him up. He cried for about 15 minutes. Hailey woke up at 9:30. She woke up very grumpy. They didn't want to do anything but lay on the couch and watch TV. I gave them some Tylenol, and we waited until they were feeling a little better before giving them their Easter baskets. It wasn't until about 11:00 when they finally got off the couch and started moving around. Then Hailey asked if she could find the eggs and have their Easter basket. Bruce and I had fun hiding the eggs around the house. Hailey and Max waited in our bedroom with the door shut so they wouldn't see where were hiding them. The kids were excited when they came out and started looking for the eggs. They thought it was funny that some of the eggs were hidden in their toys. Max especially thought it was funny that an egg was in his tractor. Jack even had his own little egg hunt. I filled some plastic eggs with cheerios and "stars" (Gerber fruit puffs) and layed them around the living room floor. He loved crawling around getting them. He even figured out how to get them opened by hitting them. The kids were also very excited when they saw their Easter baskets sitting on the table. As Max pulled each thing out, he'd say "Oh, I wuv dat." And after he had seen everything he said "I wuv you. You are so nice." Hailey really liked the chocolate bunny, always her favorite. They really didn't eat much candy. Max only ate two jelly beans and Hailey just slowly ate her chocolate bunny throughout the day. While I was holding Jack, he put his hand on my cheek and said "ma-mee" (mommy). After lunch, which they wouldn't eat but a couple bites of yogurt, Hailey asked to go outside to play. Max tried to go out too but came in crying after only a few minutes. Hailey stayed out with daddy while I put Max and Jack down for naps. And I took a nap too! I was so tired after getting only a few hours of sleep every night for the last week. The kids wake up coughing, all at different times throughout the night, and every time one of the kids wake up, the puppy starts crying thinking it's time to wake up and play. I felt so much better after taking a couple hour nap. My mom called at 5:00 and said she was coming to bring the kids their Easter baskets. I woke Max up at 5:30 just before Nana got here. Hailey and Max were really excited to still get their Easter baskets form Nana. They loved all the things in their baskets, especially the dollars they each found in one of their eggs. They both screamed "A dollar!" They had fun playing with all the things from their baskets. Hailey and I had fun playing the "Hide The Bunny" game. Max still layed around alot until bedtime but played with his new car on the couch. Bruce vacuumed the living room floor ths evening and Jack didn't even cry. And I wasn't holding him either. He was just sitting in his exercauser in the kitchen. We were both surprised. Then Bruce decided to vacuum the kitchen rugs too while he was at it. Jack didn't cry for that either. He jumped a little but just watched. Usually if he's in the same room as the vacuum, he not only cries but starts shaking. That was the first time ever that he hasn't' cried for the vacuum. He was a little less fussy this evening so I decided to try to get some pictures of him with his eggs. Then Hailey got out the blue bunny ears from her dress-up box and put them on Jack. He looked so cute. Bruce got some good smiles out of him, and the pictures turned out very cute. After getting the kids into their jammies, we did the last night of the Easter Egg Story. They sure do look forward to this. Max said "I want to do my special eggs. Can we do dat?" Then Bruce read the Easter story to Jack from the baby Bible. We had all the kids in bed by 8:00. Hopefully they will feel better tomorrow.

2 comments:

mom s said...

Very cute Easter pictures. The ones of Hailey on the blanket/sheet look professional.
Cute of Abby in the easter pail.
The kids all look adorable.

Kimmy said...

I love the pictures of Jack and Hailey in the bunny ears. Too bad the kids had to be sick on Easter. Love ya.