Monday, March 16, 2009

This morning, Hailey came out wearing her T-shirt and pajama bottoms with another shirt over top of it saying "doesn't this look cute?"





Hailey giving "Traveling Bear" a ride on her bike.


Max feeding Jack some bites of cheerios.


Hailey's attempt to get her ears pierced. She acted very excited as she sat up in the chair waiting for the lady to get everything ready.


But changed her mind after she drew the dots on her ears.

Last Friday, they drew Hailey's name for her to be "someone special" for the week in her preschool class. She was so excited and ran out to the hall as soon as she saw me to show me. (Her teacher draws a name each week and they each get a turn being "someone special". Then that person brings pictures to hang on the postorboard. They also have a paper that they fill out about their family and their favorite things. Then they get to bring "Traveling Bear" home for a week and we write about the bears adventures.) Hailey sure was excited to show me "Traveling Bear" when I picked her up from school today. She introduced him to us and told us she has to take good care of him. We played outside for a couple hours when we got home. Hailey put "Traveling Bear" in the baby swing and gave him pushes. Then she decided to give him a ride on her bike. She put him in the little bag on the front of her bike. She also put him in her doll stroller and pushed him around in that. She took him up in the fort and down the slide. Max came down slide with the big ball. While I was asking Hailey how they got it up there, Max ran back around and started climbing up with it. I went around to stop him and he was already up to the top. He goes up so fast with that thing. I can't believe he can do that. Even Hailey won't try it. I started throwing it up to them cause I was worried he'd fall. Whenever it fell back down to me, Jack would crack up laughing. Sometimes it even hit us as it fell down. He sure thought it was funny. Max and Hailey were laughing pretty hard too. We went in for lunch. While I was getting lunch ready, I broke some cheerios in half and put them on Jack's tray. Every time Max walked by, he'd come over and feed Jack one of the cheerios off his tray. At 2:00, I put Max and Jack down for a nap. Hailey put "Traveling Bear" down for a nap too in the doll crib. She sure is taking good care of him. When daddy got home, we went back outside to play. It was a beautiful day, sunny and warm (about 57 degrees). The kids road their bikes up and down the neighbors driveway while we visited. Hailey suddenly decided she wanted to go get her ears pierced. We went to the mall to give it a try. (We tried once before but she changed her mind when we got there.) She wanted to bring "Traveling Bear" with her. She acted very excited about going to get her ears pierced and talked about it in the van the whole way there. She picked out her earrings and climbed up in the chair. She held the bear and let the lady draw the dots and wipe her ears with alcohol. She was all ready, but changed her mind as she went to do it. She told the lady "I changed my mind." Then she said to us "I decided I want to wait till I'm six." We stayed to watch the next little girl who was a little older than Hailey. But that girl started crying as soon as she got up in the chair and changed her mind too. Before leaving the mall, the kids had fun playing on the quarter rides (without putting any quarters in). We stopped on the way home for a mocha and cookies. While tucking Hailey in bed tonight, she again told us that she thinks she wants to get her ears pierced when she's six years old. Then she said "But it's my choice." She is very happy we are not forcing her to get it done, and we're letting her wait till she's ready.

3 comments:

Kimmy said...

Cute pictures. I love how Hailey dressed herself:)

mom s said...

Sure is a good idea to let the kids each have turns being special and bring traveling bear home. I love how Hailey took such good care of him and let him do so many things. Love ya

Vikki said...

I think Hailey is trying to dress like Aunt Bikki...yup thats the style Hailey, thats what Im wearing right now. hehe!