Saturday, March 21, 2009

March 20, 2009



This morning, Jack started crawling for the first time. He finally made it forward! He was trying to get a toy out of his reach and made it. Then I grabbed some of his favorite "stars" snacks and had him crawl to me for bites. He is very slow but he sure is happy when he makes it to whatever he's trying to get. When I picked Hailey up from school, I told her that Jack had crawled. She was very excited, and couldn't wait to get home to see. As soon as we got in the house, she ran and got some toys and had him crawl to her. She was so excited when he did and ran to tell me to come take a video. But Jack wasn't so interested in doing it again. It was funny watching her try so hard though. She got so many different toys and things she thought he would like to play with. She got one of the tennis balls out of the closet and said "I know he'll crawl for this cause he never saw this before. He likes things he don't always get to play with." We went and did all our grocery shopping today. We had to go to three stores and the kids (all three of them) were very good the whole time. (And we were in the stores for a long time, since I was also doing some Easter shopping as well.) We even had people commenting on how well behaved they were, especially when they saw how full our cart was so they could tell we had been there for awhile. Jack happily rode in the cart, talking and smiling lots at everyone he saw, especially the ones who stopped to talk to him. The kids loved helping us get the things off the shelves and putting them into the cart. We gave them each a couple things to look for from our list and they both did very good finding them. They also loved helping us unload all the groceries onto the checkout. They sure were big helpers. Bruce had to leave for work shortly after we got home. I got the boys down for their naps. When Max and Jack woke up, we ate dinner and then got ready to go to dance class. We got there ten minutes early. I brought some Color Wonder markers and paper for the kids to draw. Hailey and Max got them out and started coloring right away. Another girl came over to color with Hailey. Then after the girls went into their class, another little girl that was the same age as Max came over to color with him. Max kept calling her his friend. When she left to go to the bathroom, Max said "But now I don't hab a fwiend to play wif me. Where did my fwiend go?" He was so happy when she came back, yelling "Dere's my fwiend! She came back, mommy! I am so happy! She can play wif me now!" They colored together the whole time.


2 comments:

mom s said...

How cute of Jack crawling. Hailey is so excited about her baby brother. So sweet.

Kimmy said...

It sure is sweet how excited Hailey is about Jack crawling.