Saturday, March 14, 2009

Mom's 60th Birthday Party!

She sure was surprised.


My dad is 60, so he likes to tell everyone my mom is 60 too!!
















Hailey and her friends, Eve and Brianna.


Making funny faces for the camera.


Mom opening her gifts.



Daddy and Max acting goofy for the camera.


Jacob posing for the camera.


Bruce not cooperating for the camera again.
Max pretending to cuy my hair.
Hailey and Jacob "reading the newspaper".

Today we celebrated my mom's 60th birthday. We threw a surprise party for her at the Texan restaurant. She was VERY surprised. About 80 people came to the party. We had a great time visiting with family and friends. The kids all had fun playing together too. Vikki had put together some party bags for the kids filled with goodies. They all sat on the floor and went through their bags. Max found a pack of gum in his and started opening them and shoving them all in his mouth. I didn't notice until he already had four pieces in his mouth. He's never had gum before. He was chewing the big wad of gum and just as I held my hand out for him to spit it out, he swallowed it. Then he smiled at me and said "I wike dat cannie (candy)". Hailey had alot of fun playing with Eve and Brianna. She also kept going up and talking to Pastor Ken. She would just talk and talk, carrying on a whole conversation with him. She then came over and asked me if she could go sit by him. Jack let everybody hold him. He was happy with everyone and ended up falling asleep on Aunt Vikki. After the party we went over to Mom’s to watch her open all her gifts. My sisters and their families, Aunt Vikki and Uncle Terry, Aunt Jody and Grandpa also came over. Jack reached his hands out to go to Papa and said "Papa" (his first word).

5 comments:

mom s said...

I can't believe Jack's first word would be papa and on the day we were celebrating my birthday. I have to work on him to say he's Nana's boy now.

I thought it was my 49th birthday.
You really took a lot of great pictures of the fun party. Thanks for helping with the surprise party. You all did an amazing job and it sure was a surprise.
I think its so funny how Max shoved the 4 sticks of gum in his mouth and then swallowed it and said he liked dat candy. Too funny. The picture of Hailey and Jacob reading the paper is too cute too. First he is looking at her and in the next picture, she is looking at him. So funny.
Great job of capturing the fun day.
I love you!!!

Melissa said...

Well, some of these pictures I copied from Kimmy's blog. Love Ya!

Kimmy said...

Yeh, Great pictures Mel;) Sure was a fun party. Love ya!

Kimmy said...

By Mom's next birthday well have another baby!!!!

mom s said...

That will be my 49th birthday when Kimmy's baby is here. Love you all!!