Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Helping Nana open her birthday presents.

They all wanted to touch the wind chime.



Playing with Nana's cars.







Kimmy cutting Jack's bangs.
Bruce took Hailey to school this morning, and I took Max with me to go to the store. He was very excited to get to go by himself with just mommy. He talked to me the whole way there and then he was talking the whole time as we were walking through the store. He said "I talkin too much." Then he started talking to me again and said "I like talkin to you, mama." He was so cute. I loved listening to all he had to say. He was saying things like "Some tractors are diggin and some are not... Some giants are nice and some are naughty... Some giants are sad and some giants are happy..." By the time we got home, daddy had picked Hailey up from school. He said Jack cried on the way there and back, riding in the car, even with Hailey sitting next to him. For some reason he doesn't like riding in the car. (He's fine riding in the van though.) His cry is different like he's scared. I don't think he likes being able to see out the back window. It is my mom's birthday today so we went over there for lunch and to take her gift to her. My sisters and their families and my grandpa also came. (I forgot my camera so I just copied some of my mom's and sister's pictures.) Hailey was very excited to take traveling bear over to Nana's house and introduced him to every one right away. She passed him around and let all the cousins hold him. They enjoyed helping Nana open her gifts. They all especially liked the wind chimes and all wanted to take a turn touching them and hear the pretty sounds they made. Kimmy trimmed Max's hair and cut Jack's banges. On our way home, we stopped at the store. The kids played outside. I put Jack in the laundry basket and folded clothes in the utility room so I could watch them through the back screen door. Bruce and I took turns going out giving them pushes on the swings. They talked to the neighbor girls through the fence again. Hailey was being sweet with Max helping him get on his swing and giving him pushes once in awhile. She also taught him how to spin his swing around. He really liked that and kept doing it after she showed him. Then they had fun going down the slide together. Bruce started working on the cabinet in the utility room so he needed to run to Menard's to get some shelves for it. The kids and I went along. I took them to play in the outside play area while Bruce got the things he needed. They love being pushed around in the car cart. It's great that there is two steering wheels so they never fight over who gets to drive first. When we got back to the van, I said that I was hungry. Max said "Are we goin to Tims Hortons?" We stopped at McDonald's on the way home for dinner. When we got home, the kids played outside some more and rode their bikes around the back porch. We stayed out until bedtime. While we were reading books on the couch, Max looked out the front and back windows. He said "Why is it night night time ober dere but it's wake up time ober dere." The sun was just starting to set so the sky looked much brighter in the back. After getting the kids in bed, Bruce and I sat down to watch some TV.

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

I love Max's question about the sunset.

mom s said...

I sure had some good helpers opening presents with me, Even Traveling Bear. I love how Max talks.