Saturday, March 21, 2009





Pretending to sleep. Hailey had to hide her face cause she couldn't stop smiling.







Hailey's picture.

Max's picture.
More of Hailey's drawings. She drew a couple cars and was excited to show Max.
She also likes to draw a bunch of dots and then connect them to make a picture.
Bruce worked on the laundry room all morning. He got my shelves put up and we took all the stuff from the cabinet, that we have been keeping in the dining room, and moved it all to the new closet in the utility room. It sure is nice having the cabinet out of the dining room finally. And its great having all my laundry stuff right next to the washing machine. Now I don't have to make trips back and forth to get the detergent and stuff. It's starting to look nice. All he has to do now is put up one last door. It just needs to be painted first. I will post before/after pictures of the laundry room and the kitchen soon. I'm just waiting till it's all done. I cleaned up around the house and got some things organized. Hailey and Max had fun playing in their rooms. They sure made a mess though. After lunch, Bruce worked some more on the laundry room until he had to go to work. I got out some construction paper, markers, and glue for the kids. Hailey said "I'm going to make a picture for Jesus. I'm going to put it in my mind so I remember it. Then I'm going to send it to Jesus in my mind." While the kids were busy drawing, I cut out a bunch of different shapes. I gave them each a pile and a blank piece of construction paper. I told them they could glue the different shapes onto their paper to make something. Max saw the circles and said "I wanna make a choo choo train wif dese wheels." So I gave him a few rectangles and he glued them on his paper. Then he glued the circles on for wheels. He did a really good job putting it all together by himself to make his train. Then he said he wanted to draw a train track for it to ride on. He drew a line around the train and then followed it with another line. Then he asked me to draw the "lots of lines" in between. Hailey said she wanted to make a house. She glued on the big square and triangle and then added windows and a door. She also drew grass, a sun, and then scribbled some circles and said it was a tornado blowing the house. She drew a people and said that he was running away from the tornado. I had Max help me clean up the mess in his bedroom before I put him and Jack down for their naps. Then while the boys were sleeping, I had Hailey help me clean her room. Her room was very messy. I could hardly see the floor. They had every toy out of her toy box and had dolls and stuffed animals all over too. We got all that cleaned up and then I decided to just put away her doll house for now. She plays with it every day, so it's been set up in her room since Christmas. Lately she's been asking why Max and Jack get a bigger bedroom and says there is no room to play dolls in her room. She helped me put all the dollhouse furniture in the dollhouse and close it up. That isn't easy to do and it kept falling out on us before we got it just right so we could close it, the reason it doesn't get put away much. That would be alot of work when she plays with it so much. I think we just need to get a bucket to store all of the furniture in so Hailey can easily put it away herself. After we got her dollhouse all put away, she got very excited and said "My room is big now! It's big as Max's room!" Then she said "I'm going to try to keep it this way. I'm going to pick up my toys whenever I'm done playing with them." She stayed in her room and played dolls until Max woke up from his nap. She loved that she could easily get to her doll crib and highchair. When Jack woke up, I set him down in the living room to play. He kept crawling over to the dining room floor. He always crawls just up to where the carpet meets the linoleum. He is fascinated with the hard floor. He feels the soft carpet and then the hard floor and goes back and forth feeling the difference between them. This keeps him busy for a very long time. He also is fascinated with the spots where the sun is shining on the floor and always crawls to those spots too. He just lays there touching the spot that it's shining on. Then he moves his hand slowly over it. I don't know if it's his shadow he's fascinated with or if it's just the light. It's funny to watch though. Hailey sure is having fun with Jack crawling. She puts him down and then moves away from him a little ways and calls him while holding a toy so he'll crawl toward her. She gets so excited every time he makes it. I woke Max up at 5:00. Then I sent the kids outside to play while I got dinner ready and fed Jack. I moved Jack's highchair to the kitchen so I could watch them out the window while they played. I opened the window so I could hear them too. I love listening to them as they play together and pretend different things. They had fun playing on the swings and in their fort. Every once in a while I went out to give them pushes on the swings. We didn't eat dinner until 6:30. Then I gave them baths before bed. I gave Max a bath first. Jack was in the living room playing and he cried when he heard the water running. He is scared of the noise of the bath water running. He stopped crying as soon as I was done filling the tub. Max had fun playing with the water. He loves to fill up the cups and dump them out. He does this over and over and over. He seems to be fascinated with pouring water. Hailey played out in the living room with Jack. Then she asked if Jack could take a bath with her. Jack was excited to get in the water. He really liked splashing and I think he loved Hailey being in with him. After a little while I took Jack out and set him in the living room while I washed Hailey's hair. He cried when I walked away. A few seconds later he stopped crying and then we saw him crawling around the corner to the bathroom. Hailey was laughing so hard because he found us and crawled all the way to the bathroom. I had set him in the middle of the living room floor so he made it pretty far. He's getting much better and faster, even since this morning.

2 comments:

mom s said...

Nice art work the kids did. I love how Hailey was making a picture for Jesus and sending it in her mind. She sure is smart and comprehends things well.

Kimmy said...

Funny how Hailey's hiding her face as she pretends to sleep.