Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Daddy pushing Hailey around the yard on the truck.

Going over the snow pile.



Now it's Max's turn! Hailey liked chasing behind them.





They found some sticks and stuck them in the snow saying they were planting trees.

Hailey sure is getting good at riding her scooter.




I put Max and Jack down for naps. When Jack woke up, I found his like this with a pile of stuffed animals in his crib with him. Max must have threw them in before falling asleep.


I got the kids ready and took Hailey to school this morning. Then when Bruce got home from work, we left to go to the store. We stopped and got a mocha and donuts on the way there. After we did our shopping, we picked Hailey up from school. When we got home, we all stayed outside and played. The kids had fun "skating" on the ice They also liked stomping on the thin ice, breaking it up. Hailey got her scooter out to ride, and Max got out his dump truck. He liked riding it over the small pile of snow in the yard. Hailey did really good riding her scooter. Daddy gave the kids rides by pushing them in the truck around the yard. They were both screaming and laughing really hard. They loved when daddy would push them up and over the pile of snow. We stayed outside until lunchtime. We wanted nachos for lunch but didn't have any tortilla chips so I ran to the store while Bruce started cooking the hamburger. I took Max with me. He was so happy to get to go by himself with me. He talked to me the whole time, while riding in the van and as we walked through the store. He liked helping me find the things in the store. I told him we need refried beans. He quickly grabbed a can of black beans and held it up saying "Here dey are!" I told him we didn't need black beans this time cause we needed the kind we have on nachos. He said "But why. I wike dese beans." He was happy when I handed him the can of refried beans to carry. He also helped me look for the tortilla chips. When he saw them, he got excited and started walking faster toward them. He said "Here dey are. We need dese ones." As we walked to the checkout, he said "I lookin for moneys." When we got back to the van, he said "I didn't find any moneys. Not today." (Hailey seems to always find pennies on the ground. Max always says "But why didn't I find one." She just always is always looking so she finds them everywhere we go. The other day, I felt bad for him after Hailey found her third penny and he hadn't found any. So I secretely threw one down ahead of him so he'd find one too. He sure was excited as he ran to pick it up. He was very proud of himself for finding it and had a big smile on his face as he carried it around.) Bruce went to bed after lunch. I did some laundry and the kids made tents with blankets in the living room. Hailey made a pretty big one. It looked like a three room tent. Inside, she had a a chair for her to sit on and a bed made for her baby. She was sitting in the chair and said "This is where I sit so I can sew." She had a baby blanket across her lap that she was pretedning to sew. Max's tent was much smaller. He used things like his car, the rocking horse, his chair, etc. and put a blanket over top of them. It was a very tight fit but he managed to squeeze inside with his blankie, monkey, bear, and elephant. Max had to practically lay down so he wouldn't knock his tent over with his head. He showed me his "house" and then showed me his stuffed animals saying "And dese are my babies." Hailey and Max had fun pretedning to be neighbors. After reading some books together, I put Jack and Max down for their naps. Hailey and I watched a recorded Curious George. Hailey thought it was so funny. She was cracking up laughing at George cause he fell in a bucket of food dye coloring himself yellow. Then he fell into the bucket of red dye and turned orange. Everytime he was about to fall in, Hailey's chin would drop. Then he colored the dog blue and the bird red. She said "Oh, they're (meaning the man in the yellow hat and the other guy) going to be so mad at him." After the show was over, she said "That was the funniest George ever." Hailey and I had a bowl of icecream. While we were eating it, she whispered "I won't tell Max. Cause that wouldn't be nice cause he'd want some." Jack woke up from his nap around 3:30. I heard him talking so I went in to get him and found him in a pile of stuffed animals. Max had thrown all of the stuffed animals into the crib. He must have been sleeping like that although he seemed to enjoy waking up to all those animals in his bed. He was playing with them and smiling. Max woke up around 4:00, crying cause he wet the bed. He's been sleeping with underwear on for naptime the last few days. He had been waking up dry most of the time for quite awhile now and just started asking to wear underwear to bed. He says "I don't need to wear pullups because I big now because I three years olds." He's been doing so good on the potty too and doesn't need any help from me. He's been standing up to pee like a big boy and always remembers to put the toilet seat down and close the lid. And he still loves to feed the "potty monster". It's so funny to listen to him make the "potty monster" talk after he's done. After changing his sheets and getting him all cleaned up, he said "Mommy, you nice." He says that often, many times when I am doing some small thing for him. This evening while I was feeding Jack, Max climbed up in the chair with me and started rubbing jack's head. He sang "Nighty night" to him and then asked "Are I nice?" I told him he was a nice big brother. He kissed him on the head and said "I wuv baby Jack. Is he my brudder (brother)?" It was so sweet. While we were cleaning up before bedtime, Hailey was carrying a bunch of blankets to her bedroom and almost tripped over Jack who was laying on the floor. She said "I'm sorry Jack. But I was being careful. But not if I was two. If I was two then mommy would be so busy because I wouldn't know how to be careful. I would always be falling on him and I wouldn't know how to be gentle, especially if I was one. But I'm five so I'm always careful around babies." Then she said "If I was only two, then I wouldn't be born first but Max would because two is littler than three." At 8:00, we started bedtime routines. After reading books to Max and Jack, I got them in their beds. Jack started fussing a little bit, so Max got out of his bed and threw a stuffed animal in to him. He said "I makin Jack happy." While I was tucking Max in bed, I asked him what he did today. He said "I goed to Aunt Meme's house" and told me all about playing there. (He still talks about things from the last few days when talking about his day.) Then he said "But I didn't get to play too much because I am sad because I want to. I want to go to Meme's house again." After telling me about that, he said "Say what I do today again." I asked him again and he told me about playing outside today. He said "I play outside. I didn't play outside yesserday, only today because I did. I am so happy because I ride my tractor and dump truck. Dat makes me happy. Wes (yes) it does." After we talked about our time playing outside, he again said "Say what I do today again." He kept doing this several times, where I'd ask him and he'd tell me about something and then ask me to ask him again, before I finally said "OK, now it's time to pray." He whined and then said "But you gotta say what I do today." I told him he can pray and thank God for all the fun things he did today. He was happy with that and started praying right away thanking God for playing outside and for his dumptruck and everything else he could think of.


4 comments:

Kimmy said...

Love that close up pictures of Jack. Awh, I'm glad Max wanted to come back to our house.

mom s said...

Jack sure loves pat-a-cake. He's just so cute.

mom s said...

Cute how Max wanted you to keep asking him what do today. I guess he loved playing at Aunt Meme's.
I'm so happy that they love to pray and thank God. Love to all!

mom s said...

Jack looks very happy with all those stuffed animals Max put in his crib. Too cute and funny