Friday, June 27, 2008























Max woke up at 7:30 this morning and came running into our room. I had the monitor on and heard him waking up. Usually he lays there and talks for a little while before calling me but this morning I heard him whisper something and then he got out of bed and quickly came running to tell me to get up. He didn't even want to cuddle on the couch with me like he usually does. He just wanted to play with his cars. As soon as Bruce got home from work this morning, we got ready and went to a couple garage sales. Since we were out that way, we drove by the house that I grew up in to show Hailey. She loves hearing stories about when I was little and really enjoyed seeing where I used to live when I was her age. On our way back, we stopped at a farm to buy some meat and eggs. They let us walk the kids around the farm to see all the animals. Their favorite was a very friendly donkey that they got to pet through the fence. They also enjoyed petting the cats. Everytime the goat, donkey, or cats sniffed Max's hand he would say "Oh, he bite me." He would quick pull his hand back but then go right back to petting them. He really thought it was quite funny when the donkey would dig his foot into the dirt and would laugh really hard every time. He would say "Dat donkey punny. He diggen in da dirt." When we got home, we got the grill out and made some hamburgers. They were very good. We played with the kids outside for awhile before Bruce went to bed and Max took his nap. We got a thunderstorm with some hail. Max took a three hour nap and I had to wake him up. We went back outside to play this afternoon. The kids played in the sand and rode their bikes. It was still really warm out so we had popsicles and then got swimsuits on. Hailey pretended to be a dolphin, and she had Max and I doing hand motions to get her to do tricks. Max really enjoyed this game and quickly learned the hand motions she showed him to get her to do what he wanted. He liked getting her to come to the edge of the pool so he could pet her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love driving by the houses we grew up in. Brings back lots of fun memories.