Thursday, June 12, 2008

Our power was out when we woke up this morning. Bruce was supposed to be at work at 8:00 but since our alarm didn't go off, he slept in and had to call to tell them he would be a little late. The power didn't come back on until about 11:00. For lunch, we spread a blanket out in the grass and had a little picnic lunch. It was warm and muggy, so I got out the little pool and filled it up. The neighbor kids also came over to swim. I put the slide in the water and Hopie would go down all different ways, and Gabby and Max would copy her everytime. They were going down it face first on their bellies and upside down on their backs. It was funny to watch them. While they were swimming, the garbage truck was going down the road behind us. As soon as Max heard it, he got out of the pool to watch it. I took him and the rest of the kids to stand on the sidewalk so they could see better. Hailey and Max were both waving and saying hi to the garbage man. He said hi to the kids and talked to them a little bit. He always waves to them now cause he sees them standing in the doorway watching him every week. Max sure did enjoy watching it so close though. He kept telling the truck to dump it, and got really excited when it finally did. And as the garbage truck moved from house to house, Max just followed along the sidewalk with me and the rest of the kids following behind him. He didn't take his eyes off of it until it turned the corner. The neighbor kids brought out popsicles for the kids and they all ate those while they were standing there watching the garbage truck. It was way past Max's naptime, so we went back inside as soon as they were done with their popsicles. Hailey and I watched "Lady And The Tramp" while he was taking his nap. Bruce brought the washing machine back in so I could catch up on laundry again. He played outside with the kids while I got a load started, and then I went out to play with them while he left to go pick up subs for dinner. The neighbor kids saw us out playing and came over again. After we ate dinner, Bruce went over to our other neighbors to work on fixing the breaks on the van. The kids were begging to go out and see Nova, so I decided to let them go out for a few minutes before getting them ready for bed. The kids ran up to the porch and yelled hi to Connie through the door. She came out and we started talking and ended up staying over there for over an hour. Then they got out some popsicles for the kids. So the kids got popsicles from both our neighbors today. Max was very interested in what Ken was doing to the van. He stood there and watched him work on it. It was cute how he would lean in or squat down to see better. Max was very tired and didn't get to bed until 9:30. When I leaned down to give him a kiss goodnight, he said "I wuv you, Mommy." I told him I loved him too and then he said "Give me another one kiss". He said "I wuv you" again when I gave him one. He kept giving me kisses and saying it over and over. It was so sweet.


















































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That garbage truck looks huge with the kids watching it. Its a neat picture. I love the goggle pictures. How sweet, what Max said at bedtime.

The Daddy said...

you should get max a pair of safty googles then he could help the neighbor with the breaks too. I bet a certain uncle jared might be able to hook him up